Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby shower ideas??

Posted by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 6:34 PM
  • 27 Replies
baby shower ideas?? i need ideas for a baby shower ( for boy).. need food ideas that wont brake the bank and games ..and can guys come??.. its for men ,women,kids.. no drama...
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KymberleeAnn
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 7:26 PM

I know for me when I had my children I always appreciated the gift of toys and books.  Food rice, pastas, salads, chicken, cakes, sodas, juice water, bread, cheese, fruit, all sorts of yummy things you can choose from, it depends on your taste. At my ds baby shower there was so many different things to eat. Full meals with veggies and all sorts of sides and yummy desserts.

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 8:43 PM

In our area we usually just serve finger foods, cake, and punch.  And it's fine for the men to come too.  

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 18, 2012 at 11:22 PM
Same here. Lots of snacks and sloppy joes or something. I also had a crock pot of mac n cheese at mine, at my request :P

Quoting 4kidz916:

In our area we usually just serve finger foods, cake, and punch.  And it's fine for the men to come too.  

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:24 AM
1 mom liked this
A lite finger food meal is plenty, I saw a cute decoration on pinterest where they made a baby in a bassinet all out if fruit, the bassinet was a watermelon. So cute, I'll have to find a picture to post.

I always decorate with things that will be usable for the baby later ( like bottles for vases, or toys etc) then give them to the mom as part of my gift
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
Do people parent anymore? Do they even attempt to engage their child(ren)?
Yesterday at 7:37 PM
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:22 AM

I always prefer a book with a nice note in it in lieu of a card.

slightlyperfect

PinkButterfly66
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:28 AM

Hebrew National has a box of pigs in a blanket that is pretty good.  They're not too expensive and my husband loved them.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:09 AM

I think it's nice to invite the men as well. I'll check back with some things I've done for showers.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:20 AM
1 mom liked this

This is really cute. I love to do it for baby showers, since it's non-alcoholic and fun.

"Margarita" Dip
1 package cream cheese, softened
ΒΌ cup frozen limeade concentrate, partially thawed
2 Tablespoons orange juice
1 cup thawed Cool Whip
1-2 drops of green food coloring-optional

Beat cream cheese, limeade concentrate and orange juice, and food coloring, if using. in medium bowl with electric mixer on medium speed until well blended. Gently stir in whipped topping, cover. Refrigerate at least l hour. Serve with cut up fresh fruit and vanilla wafers.

Jazz it up by serving in a wide-brimmed margarita glass. Wipe rim with lime and dip rim in sugar before filling with dip!

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Hot Artichoke & Crab Dip

1 pkg. (8oz.) Cream cheese, softened

2 cups mayonnaise

1 1/2cups grated Parmesan cheese

1/2 cup diced red onion

1 1/2 cups crabmeat(can use imitation)

Beat cream cheese till soft. Mash artichokes hearts. Add to cheese. Add rest of

ingredients, one at a time. Place in baking dish. Bake uncovered at 350 for 20 minutes.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:53 AM

"Baby" or "mini" themed foods are so cute!

Baby carrots

Baby corn

Baby lettuce

Mini muffins

Mini sandwiches on Kings Hawaiian Rolls

Mini baked sandwiches using refrigerated crescent rolls (dough in 1/2 or 1/3)  You can fill with spinach/feta, ham/cheese, broccoli/chicken

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)