Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby shower ideas?? i need ideas for a baby shower ( for boy).. need food ideas that wont brake the bank and games ..and can guys come??.. its for men ,women,kids.. no drama...
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Replies (11-20):
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Cucumber Sandwich Spread (or dip)
1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced dry onion
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 small cucumber
3 drops green food coloring
Mix together cream cheese, salt, pepper, lemon juice, onion, mayonnaise and color. Beat till smooth. Peel cucumber, dice very fine. Drain well. Very important. Fold cucumber into cheese.
Cucumbers can be sliced very thin, and make a cut from edge to center of each slice. Twist and place on top. Garnish with fresh dill. Makes beautiful canapés.
About 1 & ¾ loaves will make 100 party sandwiches. This is 25 sandwiches cut in fourths. A thin coating of soft butter on the bread before the cheese is spread will help prevent the sandwich from getting soggy.

To use as a dip, serve in a pretty bowl with vegetables or crackers.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM

Chicken Waldorf Salad
2 cups diced chicken
½ cup diced celery
1 cup apples, diced (leave skin on)
½ cup raisins
½ cup diced pecans
1 cup mayonnaise
1 cup Cool Whip
2 Tablespoons maple syrup (or substitute 2 T. pancake syrup)
Mix all ingredients together. Serve on lettuce leaf or on croissants.

TracyBryant
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:57 AM
bump

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:58 AM

These are really pretty, and easy to do.

Cucumber Roulades
Prep Time:

10 min

Total Time: 10 min

Makes: 1 doz. or 6 servings, two topped cucumber slices each

1 seedless cucumber, peeled

1/4 cup PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread

1 oz. smoked salmon, thinly sliced, cut into 12 pieces

12 sprigs fresh dill

CUT cucumber crosswise into 12 slices. Use a melon baller to scoop out indentation in center of each cucumber round.

FILL evenly with cream cheese spread. Top with salmon and dill.

Substitute

Substitute 12 canned baby shrimp for the salmon.

Variation

Omit salmon and dill. Fill cucumber slices with cream cheese spread as directed. Drizzle evenly with 1 Tbsp. KRAFT Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan Dressing.
Notes:These are very pretty if you twirl the salmon around in a circle to look like a rose and use parsley for the leaves. Also good to mix fresh dill with plain cream cheese and a bit of seasoning salt. Yum! I served these recently and they were well like, especially by those who are not eating bread and crackers.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Ham & Cheese Pinwheels

2 packages (8 oz) cream cheese, softened
1 packet (.04 oz) Hidden Valley Ranch Dressing Mix
6 flour tortillas (12 in), room temperature
1 package (12 ounces) thin deli sliced ham
10 slices swiss cheese
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese or colby jack
1 2.25 oz can chopped black olives

Mix cream cheese and dry salad dressing together. Spread mixture on each tortilla. Drain the sliced olives and set aside. Place two slices of ham on top of the cream cheese mixture. Add sliced swiss cheese and sprinkle on shredded cheddar cheese and olives. Roll up tortillas tightly, cinnamon roll style. Chill at least 2 hours before slicing. Slice into one inch slices.
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Bunny Cupcakes

Hop on over to the kitchen to prepare these cute-as-can-be cupcakes. Perfect for spring celebrations, Easter, baby showers and birthday parties.

Makes 12 (1 cupcake) servings.

Prep Time: 30 minutes

INGREDIENTS

1 container (16 ounces) vanilla frosting

McCormick® Assorted Food Colors and Egg Dye or McCormick® Assorted NEON! Food Colors and Egg Dye

2 cups flaked coconut

12 unfrosted cupcakes

12 plain donut holes

12 large marshmallows

6 pink jelly beans, halved crosswise

Chocolate sprinkles

Miniature semi-sweet chocolate chips

DIRECTIONS

1. Tint frosting pink or blue, using 4 drops red or 4 drops NEON blue food color. Place coconut in resealable plastic bag. Add 4 drops red or 4 drops NEON blue food color to coconut in bag; shake until coconut is evenly tinted.

2. Spread top of each cupcake with tinted frosting. Press each cupcake into tinted coconut to cover top completely. Spread donut holes with remaining frosting. Press a donut hole into top of each cupcake to form the bunny's head.

3. For the ears, cut a 1/4-inch slice off the flat ends of each marshmallow to make 24 slices. Dip cut sides of the marshmallow slices into the coconut until completely covered. (Reserve remaining marshmallow pieces.) Attach 2 marshmallow slices to the head of each bunny with frosting to create ears.

4. Press a jelly bean half into the face for the nose and sprinkles for the whiskers. Use the chocolate chips for the eyes. Press the plain marshmallow pieces into the cupcakes for the belly.

Tips

Test Kitchen Tips:

• To make 6 each pink and blue cupcakes, use 2 drops of each food color in each half batch of frosting and coconut.

For ease in frosting donut holes, first insert small wooden skewer into donut. Use skewer as a handle when frosting donut. Invert froste

KRIZZ25
by Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:19 AM
Quoting 4kidz916:

In our area we usually just serve finger foods, cake, and punch.  And it's fine for the men to come too.  

i,ll just do that .. make like 5 r 6 diffrent finger foods.. and punch ,cake.
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:28 PM

My mom makes these as finger sandwiches.  So good. 

Quoting SweetLuci:

Cucumber Sandwich Spread (or dip)
1-8 oz. pkg. cream cheese, softened
¼ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon pepper
¼ teaspoon lemon juice
1 teaspoon minced dry onion
2 Tablespoons mayonnaise
1 small cucumber
3 drops green food coloring
Mix together cream cheese, salt, pepper, lemon juice, onion, mayonnaise and color. Beat till smooth. Peel cucumber, dice very fine. Drain well. Very important. Fold cucumber into cheese.
Cucumbers can be sliced very thin, and make a cut from edge to center of each slice. Twist and place on top. Garnish with fresh dill. Makes beautiful canapés.
About 1 & ¾ loaves will make 100 party sandwiches. This is 25 sandwiches cut in fourths. A thin coating of soft butter on the bread before the cheese is spread will help prevent the sandwich from getting soggy.

To use as a dip, serve in a pretty bowl with vegetables or crackers.

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 1:06 PM

This is an awesome idea!  I would go with this idea!  : )

Quoting SweetLuci:

"Baby" or "mini" themed foods are so cute!

Baby carrots

Baby corn

Baby lettuce

Mini muffins

Mini sandwiches on Kings Hawaiian Rolls

Mini baked sandwiches using refrigerated crescent rolls (dough in 1/2 or 1/3)  You can fill with spinach/feta, ham/cheese, broccoli/chicken

OliviasMommy17
by Melissa on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:22 PM

When I hosted a baby shower we had chips, dips, veggies, fruit, cupcakes and cookies. We also had a punch that was light blue. Its blue Hawaiian punch, sprite and ice cream. If you need it let me know and I will send it to you.

It really depends on the time of day you are doing the shower. If its after lunch but before dinner then snacks/finger foods. If its later in the day do a sandwich bar. Have different cuts of sandwiches and let people make their own. My sister did this at my baby shower and I loved the idea.

For games... I went to a website that had different baby shower games, but here is a few games that I remember.

Game 1: Diaper Bag Game- You set out a small table and put everything that would go into a diaper bag. Leave it out for about an hour or so and then take everything off the table. The guest have to write to down everything that was on the table. The person with the most right is the winner.

Game 2: Name that baby food- We took about 10 different baby food numbered each one and took off the label. The person who gets the most right is the winner.

Game 3: Bottle game- Take a few baby bottles and put some juice in it. Give a bottle to each person that wants to play. Each player has to suck down the juice has fast as possible. Who ever finishes first wins. (We didn't play this game.)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)