Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

baby shower ideas?? i need ideas for a baby shower ( for boy).. need food ideas that wont brake the bank and games ..and can guys come??.. its for men ,women,kids.. no drama...
by on Jul. 18, 2012 at 6:34 PM
Replies (21-27):
25beengoodtome
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:23 PM

One of the most unusual games I saw was THE PRICE IS RIGHT game

It was tray  filled with the basic needs for a newborn.:{ thermometer, diaper,formula, onesies, sheets, bibs, towels]. just everthing for the first week home.

It's a good game to relax the group.

each guest guesses the total cost for everything on the tray.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I forgot about this punch. The "baby blue" punch is very good, and such a pretty shade of baby blue.

Quoting OliviasMommy17:

When I hosted a baby shower we had chips, dips, veggies, fruit, cupcakes and cookies. We also had a punch that was light blue. Its blue Hawaiian punch, sprite and ice cream. If you need it let me know and I will send it to you.

It really depends on the time of day you are doing the shower. If its after lunch but before dinner then snacks/finger foods. If its later in the day do a sandwich bar. Have different cuts of sandwiches and let people make their own. My sister did this at my baby shower and I loved the idea.

For games... I went to a website that had different baby shower games, but here is a few games that I remember.

Game 1: Diaper Bag Game- You set out a small table and put everything that would go into a diaper bag. Leave it out for about an hour or so and then take everything off the table. The guest have to write to down everything that was on the table. The person with the most right is the winner.

Game 2: Name that baby food- We took about 10 different baby food numbered each one and took off the label. The person who gets the most right is the winner.

Game 3: Bottle game- Take a few baby bottles and put some juice in it. Give a bottle to each person that wants to play. Each player has to suck down the juice has fast as possible. Who ever finishes first wins. (We didn't play this game.)

OliviasMommy17
by Melissa on Jul. 19, 2012 at 8:57 PM

It really is a pretty shade of blue.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I forgot about this punch. The "baby blue" punch is very good, and such a pretty shade of baby blue.

Quoting OliviasMommy17:

When I hosted a baby shower we had chips, dips, veggies, fruit, cupcakes and cookies. We also had a punch that was light blue. Its blue Hawaiian punch, sprite and ice cream. If you need it let me know and I will send it to you.

It really depends on the time of day you are doing the shower. If its after lunch but before dinner then snacks/finger foods. If its later in the day do a sandwich bar. Have different cuts of sandwiches and let people make their own. My sister did this at my baby shower and I loved the idea.

For games... I went to a website that had different baby shower games, but here is a few games that I remember.

Game 1: Diaper Bag Game- You set out a small table and put everything that would go into a diaper bag. Leave it out for about an hour or so and then take everything off the table. The guest have to write to down everything that was on the table. The person with the most right is the winner.

Game 2: Name that baby food- We took about 10 different baby food numbered each one and took off the label. The person who gets the most right is the winner.

Game 3: Bottle game- Take a few baby bottles and put some juice in it. Give a bottle to each person that wants to play. Each player has to suck down the juice has fast as possible. Who ever finishes first wins. (We didn't play this game.)

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:48 PM
Oh I had those at my cousins shower A MAZ ING!!!!

Quoting SweetLuci:

These are really pretty, and easy to do.

Cucumber Roulades
Prep Time:

10 min

Total Time: 10 min

Makes: 1 doz. or 6 servings, two topped cucumber slices each

1 seedless cucumber, peeled

1/4 cup PHILADELPHIA Chive & Onion Cream Cheese Spread

1 oz. smoked salmon, thinly sliced, cut into 12 pieces

12 sprigs fresh dill

CUT cucumber crosswise into 12 slices. Use a melon baller to scoop out indentation in center of each cucumber round.

FILL evenly with cream cheese spread. Top with salmon and dill.

Substitute

Substitute 12 canned baby shrimp for the salmon.

Variation

Omit salmon and dill. Fill cucumber slices with cream cheese spread as directed. Drizzle evenly with 1 Tbsp. KRAFT Roasted Red Pepper Italian with Parmesan Dressing.
Notes:These are very pretty if you twirl the salmon around in a circle to look like a rose and use parsley for the leaves. Also good to mix fresh dill with plain cream cheese and a bit of seasoning salt. Yum! I served these recently and they were well like, especially by those who are not eating bread and crackers.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:49 PM

You can have it however you want. So if you want men there, go for it. If you have it mid day, you won't need much food. Just some fruit, maybe little sandwiches, chips and dip, things like that.

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:06 PM

That's how mine was. I didn't do any fancy games and such, just got together and talked and ate and had a good time.

Quoting 4kidz916:

In our area we usually just serve finger foods, cake, and punch.  And it's fine for the men to come too.  

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

KRIZZ25
by Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:57 PM
thanks i,ll do a few games,have finger food,punch,gifts.. one game will be guess whats in the bag..put 5 thing in a bag and ppl have to guess what thar are by sticken thar hand in it and feeling around..lol..had that at my bs.
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)