Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What does she...? What do you...?

SlightlyPerfect
It is one of the highest forms of arrogance for people to assume they can bestow forgiveness on someone else for their own self-inflicted maiming.
Yesterday at 2:59 PM
Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:36 AM
  • 9 Replies

What does your daughter do that communicates her level of self-esteem?

What is one thing you say to your daughter (or do) to enhance her self-esteem?

slightlyperfect

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:36 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-9):
HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:50 PM
She is 2. She totally doesn't worry about it :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 9:56 PM

My oldest daughter smiles a lot (after getting her teeth fixed with braces).  I let her know how beautiful that smile is. 

My 15 yo has a lower self esteem.  I'm constantly telling her how beautiful she is and how wonderful she is so I'm hoping it will improve soon.  

My 9 yo's personality just lets you know she's brimming with self esteem.  Again, I always compliment her.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 10:29 PM

She told me about an incident that happened. Recently in gymnastics class, another girl told her she was fat. She's thin but has recently developed large breasts for her size. When I asked her what she said, she said she just walked away because she didn't want to start any drama. She didn't seem upset, but I asked her how it made her feel. She said, "confused".  "I'm not really skinny-but I'm not fat either, but even if I was, you shouldn't say things that about a person's body, it could hurt someone, so I don't know why she said it." After talking a bit, she said she thought the girl felt bad because she didn't do as well as Cat did in the skills test. She said the girl always gets nervous on testing, and doesn't do well.  

It made me feel good that she didn't get upset about what the girl said, and didn't automatically say something snarky back and escalate the situation.. She's confident in herself and empathetic.

I often tell her that I'm proud of her for trying hard and praise her for her accomplishments, and commisserate with her when she has a failure.   

MomTiara19
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:35 AM

Hi,my daughter is very good in school and helps with tutoring.She is actually shy so it really builds her confidence.

I always tell my daughter how beautiful she is inside and out.I want her to embrace her unique looks and personality.I want her to know she is one in a million and special.

~Tia

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 1:59 PM

Well, the fact the she is great at everything and she can do things with such ease is a great boost to her self esteem.  She has only had an issue with her looks and that was caused by an insensitive friend. But now she is really beginning to find that she isn't what her friend tried to intimate that she was.  She really is beautiful and I can't help but let her know that she is.  Here is a picture of her from just last year.......

She was made to feel that she was fat and ugly.  And she really isn't either.  It has been a long haul getting her back to where she was before her friend almost destroyed her confidence permanently. Thank goodness she doesn't feel like that anymore.

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:49 PM
My daughter just bounces with confidence. She just isn't shy or reserved. I always tell her she's beautiful, smart, a great big sister, a great helper and my favorite (and only) daughter. Lol
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:42 PM

She says "Hi!" to everyone she sees when we are out and about. Most people are completely rude and just ignore her though.

I am constantly telling her how smart she is, or what a good girl she is being, or good big sister, things like that.

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 23, 2012 at 2:07 PM

Mine are 1, 2, and 3....they don't worry about it either. They're awesome and they know it. :)

Quoting HamBergerMama:

She is 2. She totally doesn't worry about it :-)

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

Kmakksmom
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 4:50 PM

My girls know because not only does our family tell them that they have great confidence and are beautiful, but most of their friends do too.  They are very lucky.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)