Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 9: Girls in the Lead

Posted by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM
  • 80 Replies

Let your daughter teach you a new skill. Try doing a project together like jewelry making or pottery, or ask her to show you how to do something you normally wouldn't, like play video games or learn to text. 

What can your daughter teach you?

teacher

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders.

by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 11:37 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
faery_mama
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:15 PM
4 moms liked this
She's come up with a secret language she's says she wants to teach me so the boys don't know what we're talking about lol.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurboMom81
Luke 2:10-11: And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Yesterday at 3:02 PM
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:17 PM
Hikari taught me some ballerina moves she picked up! We had a lot of fun!
LivinBlessed
by Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:18 PM
1 mom liked this
All this morning we've been playing with pipe cleaners, and my dd is currently twisting them into abstract shapes then linking them to hang from the ceiling. She loves being in charge at craft time, and creating new ways to use things:)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:27 PM

My kids have taught me to dance, play video games, and lots of other things. 

Cafe Kate
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:27 PM

Love it!

Quoting faery_mama:

She's come up with a secret language she's says she wants to teach me so the boys don't know what we're talking about lol.

mommy2kaelynn
by on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:28 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter is only 5, however, she is teaching me each and every day how to let go of work, computers, phones, and to just play and have more fun. To enjoy her while she is little and WANTS to play with me!!!

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:30 PM

This one has been done a few times.  She has showed me a few things about computer programming on my computer and she has taught me higher mathematics.  She has taught me how to how to make a video. And the list is still growing.  lol  

momofkandb
by Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:34 PM

She is teaching me to slow down.  We recently purchased her the butterfly habitat and the caterpillars.  We have watched them from caterpillars to chrysilis, and now they are hatching.  Today, our last butterfly should emerge.  So, she is teaching me to slow down and enjoy the show.  We are watching for the last butterfly to hatch out!  

I love watching things thru her eyes and really seeing thing for the first time...again.

MommyLovesAri
by Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:37 PM

TO spin in fast circles and "catch yourself"(falling on the floor) She is three

shortiesmom24
by Member on Jul. 19, 2012 at 12:41 PM
1 mom liked this

My daughter isn't even here yet and she has taught me so much already. She has taught me how to grow up and be more mature.. She has taught me that life is a blessing and to never take anything for granted:)

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN