Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 10: Remembering Role Models

Posted by   + Show Post

Think back to when you were growing up. Who were your role models? Have you told them how much they meant to you?  Send them a note or email to say thank you!

Who played a positive role in your life?

thank you

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders.

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Replies (31-40):
Dayna29
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:06 PM

My highschool art teacher. I loved her. I have her on my fb. She is a spunky lil lady. I had her all through high school. My senior year I had her for my first 3 hours. She retired my senior year, so I arragned for the kids to throw her a retirement party! She was completely surprised!

momofkandb
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 2:37 PM

My grandma was a powerful role model in my life.  She exhibited unconditional love and family was her top priority.  She had strength like no other woman I have ever met.  I told her numerous times how important she is, how much I love her, and what a wonderful woman she was.  She passed away this month and I am greatly missing this wonderful woman.

Roo1234
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:14 PM

I really wasn't really aware of any one that I wanted to grow up and follow in their footsteps.  I had a few supportive teachers, but I don't recall any adult really mentoring me, or supporting me beyond the typical expectations. 

When I met my first boyfriend while in high school, he was two years older and far more knowledgeable about the workings of the world.  He came from old wealth, a powerful family with means a resources to do things unimaginable to most people.  He had traveled a great deal of his young life, seeing the world, experiencing things most don't.  He knew so many people that most only read about in newspapers or see on TV.  He did teach me a lot of things.  Influenced my viewpoints (primarily by teaching me how to educate and think for myself).  He was probably the greatest and most positive role model I've ever had.  And even 25+ years later his friendship has been immeasurably valuable to me as a sounding board.  

MommyLovesAri
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:17 PM

I had a couple short term role models pass through my life but no long term there through thick and thin ones I raised myself and did a damn good jod Lol

wolfpup
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:43 PM

my best friend who is 19 yrs older than me

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 3:47 PM
My grandpa is my role model. I love him so much and he is the best man ever. I also looked up to one of my dads gf's. She was a single, strong, independent woman.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
AspensMama1537
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 4:00 PM
Wow, that's a hard question. I really don't know. My cousin was, but I am sure there were more.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kgmmw
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 4:48 PM
MY mom and my grandmother
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Burnz
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 5:09 PM
This is a hard one for me. I dont feel I really had any positibe roll models in my childhood. :( I hope to change that for my daughter.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
workinm0mmy
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:24 PM
My mother.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)