Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 10: Remembering Role Models

Posted by   + Show Post

Think back to when you were growing up. Who were your role models? Have you told them how much they meant to you?  Send them a note or email to say thank you!

Who played a positive role in your life?

thank you

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders.

by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 11:39 AM
Replies (41-50):
SlightlyPerfect
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:35 PM

Wow.

My dad. He taught me to demand nothing less than my best.

My mom. She taught me how to read people and communicate.

My dad's sister. She taught me to pursue academics.

And myself. I model every day. I am my best every day.

slightlyperfect

Poohy1975
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 6:50 PM

Unfortunally the one role model i did  have died when i was 12.

trekkiechic
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:03 PM
MY GRANDMOTHER
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 7:38 PM

My grandmother, my aunts and my sister were very strong role models. My grandmother had 5 young children when her husband  was murdered in front of their 12 year old son. He was mistaken for his brother, the sherriff, by a man the sheriff had previously put in prison. At that time, women didn't work outside the home. And "a lady" didn't work the fields-so in order to feed her children, she would work there before dawn and after dark. She sent her 3 daughters-my mother & aunts to teacher's college-They would each go for one year and the other two would work, then switch, so they could all get an education.  This was in the 1930's, when sending a woman to college was considered frivilous by most.  They were strong women. Inspiring role models.

la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:01 PM

My grandmother was a positive role model for me. I also admired Princess Diana and my mom's friend who went to medical school and became a doctor despite the fact she had dyslexia and her mother AND brother died when she was a teen. She overcame a lot and kept being strong to go after her dreams.

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:07 PM

Beyond a shadow of a doubt, outside of my mom my highschool debate coach/mentor had the greatest impact shaping me into the woman that i am today. The balance of embracing femininity, and being confident and comfortable in positions of authority. 

I e-mail her all the time

AzariahsMother
by on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:12 PM

My mother has always been my role model.  I have told her several times how much she means to me and more.

StephanieG31
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 8:28 PM

Some of the people that played a positive roll in my life have been: my aunt and uncle,several teachers who really showed how much they cared,and some really great friends that I knew growing up.

Monkeylicious
by Member on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:24 PM
My mom continues to be my role model. I thought alot of several of my teachers as well.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on Jul. 20, 2012 at 9:42 PM

My dad was.... I told him so many times before he passed...  My mom was also and i tell her    almost everyday how i  appreciate and look up to her... :O)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN