Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 11: Talk Tech

Posted by   + Show Post

Does your daughter have a cell phone or spend time online? Take time today to discuss technology.

Talk about cyberbullying, sending photos, de-friending and sexting. To many moms and mentors, these terms may seem like a foreign language. To girls, however, these words represent a new concern that they have to deal with daily: digital drama. Girls' self-esteem and confidence can be impacted immensely as they navigate social media and contend with these issues.

Check out A Girl’s Guide to the Digital World for tips and information!

Have you talked to your daughter about being respectful both offline and online?

typing

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 12:25 PM
Replies (71-76):
Maries_Mom23
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:00 PM

My oldest is the only one who's REALLY into the computer and she only does these sites she got at school..a math site mainly. But, she knows how to be respectful and to never bully.  The computer is in my room and she is only on it when I am right there.  

Oampy
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:22 AM

My dd does not have a cellphone nor does have access for computers,i take it she is stiil young for tose but she does take some calls on my phone & has good phone manners.

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 10:10 AM
Same here

Quoting faery_mama:

She's only 5 but we talk about being a bully and being bullied.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Jul. 28, 2012 at 2:02 PM
She is 2 so no online use just yet.
Flaca43
by Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 6:34 PM
My daughter will start going online more now that she us older and is responsible enough and knows enough about what is okay and what is not okay to do or for others dealing with respect and boundaries, etc. My other children do not go online at all.
TIPTONTNSAHM
by Member on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:10 AM

I don't know what to put here cause my dau doesn't get online much and doesn't have a phone. But we did talk about being online and safe. I did teach her how to work the computer.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)