Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

All of my girls have such a sweet spirit. We have Vacation Bible School at church this week and in my oldests class there are some rambuctious boys, I guess she got hit in the head during rec or something today and didn't want to go back to that class. I did get her to go back in and try it but then I guess the boys got a bit wild and loud and she went out into the hall and started crying. Poor thing. She has always had such a soft sweet spirit. She acts tough and bossy but she really is sweet and delicate. Sometimes the smallest things just get to her. 

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Jul. 23, 2012 at 1:53 PM
Replies (11-17):
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:13 PM

I'm sorry that I've upset you. I understood that you were saying what a sweet spirit your daughter has, that's wonderful; and that you were telling what you meant to be a cute story, but I was concerned that your daughter's needs weren't being taken care of. I'm sorry if I overstepped. As I said in my reply, Maybe I wasn't understanding the situation. I was asking a question and expecting to get an explanation if I wasn't understanding what you said.  I've replied to many of your posts on here, and you have replied to mine, so I assumed you at least had a nodding acquaintance with me always looking for the positive-the point of this group, and not putting another poster down.  Sometimes on here, it's hard to understand a person's intent, so I will assume that your reply to me was not meant to be derogatory.

Quoting Harris06:

OMG, really? You are Totally missing the point of the story. It was just a cute story about my daughter's sweet spirit. She just has a sweet spirit. She was fine. She went back in there. She is used to the kids and the fun. There were 5 adults in the room, one of whom was with her in the hall trying to calm her down. I'm sorry, I just don't know why people have to look for things that are not there.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Sounds like there was a little too much stimulation for her. Are the kids her age? Maybe I'm not understanding the situation, but I'm wondering where the adult in charge was when she kept leaving the room, and what she did to handle the situation.

Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 23, 2012 at 10:17 PM

I do apologize. No, my response was not meant to be derogatory. Another reponse to another post in another group got me all worked up and I took it out on you. I'm sorry. McKenna was ok and one of her teachers was out there with her. I'm not really sure what was going on with her today...pre-pre-pre-PMS? haha Anyway, I am sorry for stooping to the bitchiness level in my response to you. Forgive me?

Quoting SweetLuci:

I'm sorry that I've upset you. I understood that you were saying what a sweet spirit your daughter has, that's wonderful; and that you were telling what you meant to be a cute story, but I was concerned that your daughter's needs weren't being taken care of. I'm sorry if I overstepped. As I said in my reply, Maybe I wasn't understanding the situation. I was asking a question and expecting to get an explanation if I wasn't understanding what you said.  I've replied to many of your posts on here, and you have replied to mine, so I assumed you at least had a nodding acquaintance with me always looking for the positive-the point of this group, and not putting another poster down.  Sometimes on here, it's hard to understand a person's intent, so I will assume that your reply to me was not meant to be derogatory.

Quoting Harris06:

OMG, really? You are Totally missing the point of the story. It was just a cute story about my daughter's sweet spirit. She just has a sweet spirit. She was fine. She went back in there. She is used to the kids and the fun. There were 5 adults in the room, one of whom was with her in the hall trying to calm her down. I'm sorry, I just don't know why people have to look for things that are not there.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Sounds like there was a little too much stimulation for her. Are the kids her age? Maybe I'm not understanding the situation, but I'm wondering where the adult in charge was when she kept leaving the room, and what she did to handle the situation.

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 23, 2012 at 11:38 PM
Mine too lol

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I wish my daughter was like that sometimes. She is loud, wild, crazy, and overbearing. She scares off the boys most of the time.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by Wendy on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:20 AM
Aww. Sweet. Ki is like that sometimes. Others she has no problem saying what's on her mind. Last summer she was wearing a football jersey and a few boys started teasing her saying she was an ugly boy and girls don't wear things like that. She laughed at them and said "get your eyes checked, I'm a beautiful lady. And This girl wears these!". Major proud mommy moment :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:12 PM

No problem. I'm sorry someone was getting under your skin.

Quoting Harris06:

I do apologize. No, my response was not meant to be derogatory. Another reponse to another post in another group got me all worked up and I took it out on you. I'm sorry. McKenna was ok and one of her teachers was out there with her. I'm not really sure what was going on with her today...pre-pre-pre-PMS? haha Anyway, I am sorry for stooping to the bitchiness level in my response to you. Forgive me?

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting SweetLuci:

MaddieLainesMom
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 1:22 AM

My daughter can go both ways. She is very sensitive and gets her feelings hurt, but more often than not she gets upset about things done to others. At her Pre-K class one of the boys was picking on a girl in the class and LuLu came home crying about it. Poor girl. She'll also have the opposite reaction and tell someone what's what. In a similar instance at Pre-K she went right up to the boy picking on her friend and yelled at him (her teacher says) "Don't be mean! I'll tell on you if you keep telling Kenna mean stuff! You hear me?" 

Kmakksmom
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 5:56 PM

My girls have sweet spirits too.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN