Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 12: School Jitters

Posted by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM
  • 75 Replies
2 moms liked this

School is a hotbed of mixed self-esteem messages. During the summer, talk about friendships, teachers, social pressures and anything else that she might want to chat about. Being open and receptive to what she has to say—good or bad, small or big—can help build mutual trust and strengthen your relationship. It will also allow you to ease any fears or lend insight before the year begins.

Does your daughter enjoy school? Is she worried about anything this school year?

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ldmrmom
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:55 AM
1 mom liked this

Whether or not, DD enjoys school depends on what day you're asking her. :) She enjoys the social aspects of school. She enjoys learning new things. She does not enjoy having to conform to specific rules and structure. DD is a very fluid spirit who has her own time-table. Having to not talk during the day or having to sit still for the duration are things she *can* do but she doesn't like to do them.

She's a bright girl who has been bored at times because the pace of instruction is slower than she needs. The days she's particularly bored or the days she cures her boredom by talking and amusing herself more than she ought to, are the days she'll tell you "School is torture." :)

MZ.B777
by Bobbi on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:56 AM

My DD loves school. She is a good student.

othermom
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:56 AM

Yes my daughter enjoys school. I don't think there is much she is worried about

mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:59 AM
My 2 year old is very social when it comes to adults and kids she isn't shy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
faery_mama
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:00 AM
She loves school but she is always worried about how well people wool understand her. She has a severe speech delay and so its hard for people to understand what she's saying. It really bothers her but it never seems to stop her from making a lot of friends
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Dayna29
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:02 AM

Both of my DD loves school. They can't wait to go back. They love their friends and teachers. I talked to my youngest. She had some issues with some boys last year. I told her that she has to tell the teacher when it happens. If the teacher doesn't know about it, then she can't fix it.

Kiwismommy19
by Wendy on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:06 AM
You just described my daughter perfectly!

Quoting ldmrmom:

Whether or not, DD enjoys school depends on what day you're asking her. :) She enjoys the social aspects of school. She enjoys learning new things. She does not enjoy having to conform to specific rules and structure. DD is a very fluid spirit who has her own time-table. Having to not talk during the day or having to sit still for the duration are things she *can* do but she doesn't like to do them.

She's a bright girl who has been bored at times because the pace of instruction is slower than she needs. The days she's particularly bored or the days she cures her boredom by talking and amusing herself more than she ought to, are the days she'll tell you "School is torture." :)

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
PinkParadox
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:08 AM
1 mom liked this

We had a rough year last year.  Academically she does great....but, had a couple of social issues last year.  We got it worked out though...and she's excited for school to start this year =)

Caramel824
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:19 AM
My daughter likes school,although being SO outgoing causes her to not focus on her work,her attention span is short if it's not a subject that interests her,and children are mean and teasing hurts her feelings.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurboMom81
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:27 AM

MY children LOVE school.  Hikari looks forward to being in the first grade.  She's sad that she will have a new teacher but I assured her that she love her new teacher just as much as her last one.

Allora starts her second year of preschool at a new school with all new teachers! And she could not be more excited about that!  She has not expressed any concerns! She keeps asking me when am I going to take her to her new school.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN