Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 12: School Jitters

Posted by   + Show Post

School is a hotbed of mixed self-esteem messages. During the summer, talk about friendships, teachers, social pressures and anything else that she might want to chat about. Being open and receptive to what she has to say—good or bad, small or big—can help build mutual trust and strengthen your relationship. It will also allow you to ease any fears or lend insight before the year begins.

Does your daughter enjoy school? Is she worried about anything this school year?

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Replies (11-20):
AzariahsMother
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:31 AM

DD LOVES!!! school and is excited to go back.  New school, new teachers, new friends.  Not worried about anything just ready to go back. 

NavyBussGirl
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:35 AM

My Daughter is home schooled. Our neighbor who is the same age ( middle school ) says there is a lot of peer pressure to look good, have a boyfriend/girlfriend, and start experimenting with drugs, alcohol, and sex, and other things that I am very glad I don't need to worry about by having her home with me and having her around other like minded families.

eevers55
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:38 AM

She loves all new experiences so far....we'll see what happens

LivinBlessed
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:40 AM
My dd is 4 and hasn't started preschool yet, but we are looking. She is so looking forward to it, I'm the hold up!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:43 AM

My daughter loves school.

AspensMama1537
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:45 AM
She is too young for school now. She is really excited about it tho.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Momforhealth
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:58 AM

My daughter loves school, her teachers, and learning.  She does have anxiety about relationships with her friends though and being bullied by them.  There is lots of competition and rejection.  She is very smart and at the top of her class BUT she feels that it does not allow her to make mistakes without ridicule.  We were just up late last night talking about this very subject...We were both having jitters about school starting soon.  I am surprised quite often when i hear how much she feels and wonder how she has managed to keep it to herself.  Talking about this stuff really does keep the door open.  I just hope I can always manage to give her the best direction.

Burnz
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:08 PM
My daughyer enjoys school. This year will pose new challenges for her since she will be starting first grade. We talk about it and I am sure we will more as it gets closer. I think I am more anxious about it than her. :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
sunset
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:15 PM
Rebekah likes school. She is worried about her friends.
babynurse454
by Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 12:18 PM

Our dd will be in the 5th grade,she is very excited, she does enjoy school so much, she struggles in math so that is one area we work on a bit harder.
She is excited about seeing all her friends and meeting new ones,she is very social. This is her last year in grade school and that makes me so sad.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)