Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 12: School Jitters

Posted by   + Show Post

School is a hotbed of mixed self-esteem messages. During the summer, talk about friendships, teachers, social pressures and anything else that she might want to chat about. Being open and receptive to what she has to say—good or bad, small or big—can help build mutual trust and strengthen your relationship. It will also allow you to ease any fears or lend insight before the year begins.

Does your daughter enjoy school? Is she worried about anything this school year?

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Replies (51-60):
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 24, 2012 at 8:58 PM

She loves school, always has. She misses it in the summer, so we try to keep her involved in activities where she is learning. She loves to read, and the library now has a teen room where kids age 11-15 can meet and have their own area. College students do their volunteer work there. There's Wii, games, and lots of other things to keep them interested, along with special programs and tutoring. She's looking forward to 7th grade.

2lilmamas
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:37 PM
Omg My daughter loves school. She loves everything about it reading, writing drawing etc. She enjoys being with her friends.. When she's at home she always playing school.
Harris06
by Megan on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:39 PM

My girls are too young for school but they are in Bible School this week and McKenna is nervous about actually going in because the boys get so rough and wild but we just have a little pep talk and she is good. :)

MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jul. 24, 2012 at 9:41 PM

My daughter does enjoy school, I dont think they is anything she is worried about. 

Chris3kids1dog
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:19 PM

DD loves school but hates all the drama and clicks with kids and their parents that need to grow up also and quite thinking their child would never do that.

SAMandy
by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 11:58 PM
DD starting high school. DD and mommy jitters over here!
mommy2kaelynn
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:58 AM

My DD is 5 and will be starting Kindergarten in the fall. She was in Pre-K last year - she LOVES school. We have had some social adjustment issues, but overall, school has been great so far.  I think she is nervous about the new school, but excited as well.

captainjack
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 9:07 AM

My daughter does not want to go back to school.  She says she has no worries.

wolfpup
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:21 AM

We homeschool so they don't have as much outside pressure (teachers, kids not liking them, bullying....).   They are however like any other kids and don't like the schoolwork itself

Mommyanie
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 10:37 AM

My daughter is super excited to start school this year! She will be in 4th grade and they get to help out with the kindergarteners and she is hoping she will get to help. Last year was a VERY rough year for her so it is a breath of fresh air to have her so excited. I was scared she would be terrified about the new school year. we already bought all her school supplies. She is just itching to use them. lol I love my little girl!!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)