Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 12: School Jitters

Posted by   + Show Post

School is a hotbed of mixed self-esteem messages. During the summer, talk about friendships, teachers, social pressures and anything else that she might want to chat about. Being open and receptive to what she has to say—good or bad, small or big—can help build mutual trust and strengthen your relationship. It will also allow you to ease any fears or lend insight before the year begins.

Does your daughter enjoy school? Is she worried about anything this school year?

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders

by on Jul. 24, 2012 at 10:47 AM
Replies (61-70):
momofkandb
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:57 PM

My dd loves going to preschool.  She looks forward to it every week and talks about her friends all of the time.  We spend time talking about school every school day.  If there were any problems during the day that she would like to talk about.  Sometimes we sit together and brainstorm ideas for any problems/concerns she has.  

Her only problem right now is that she really misses her friends from preschool and can't wait to get back and play with them.

Poohy1975
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 5:35 PM

My daughter is home schooled.

workinm0mmy
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 6:01 PM
She loves school. She is counting down the days until school starts. She is just curious who her teacher will be.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Monkeylicious
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 7:33 AM

My older dd is going into 3rd grade.  she loves school (but not homework).  she isn't really worried about anything for the upcoming year.  but we will continue talking about making good choices and the people she chooses to associate with.  last year brought some drama and i want her to not worry about pleasing others, but rather making choices based on what is the right, kind, or smart thing. 

my younger dd is going into Kindergarten!  She is only concerned that she has to be away from mommy ALL DAY!  She likes to just come climb on me, hug me, or sit with me for a second and then run off again - i think when she does this she is recharging or filling her bucket.. and she will miss that.  I am hoping she has one of two teachers i requested and that she connects with them and can get that need met at school.  I know she will miss me/home - she likes to be at home and doesn't like to be away all day - even for fun stuff.  but - she is super smart and enjoys her friends, so i know she will enjoy school once she gets over being away for that long. :)

StephanieG31
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:07 PM

My daughter loves going to school. So far ther are no worries.

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:08 PM
My DD loves school! She is a social butterfly. Bit we are working on her sharing skills
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Maries_Mom23
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 12:59 PM

Our girls are 8 and 5.  The five year old went to Pre-K last year and CAN'T WAIT to go to Kindergarten.  The 8 year old has jitters on 3rd grade.  Mainly because it's another school.  Yeah, in our town, there is a primary school (pre-k to 2) and an intermediate school (3-5).  But, she's in class with her BFF and is feeling a bit more at ease.  It's getting better every day.  

jmegee
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 6:25 PM

My daughter older daughter will start school in August but they love daycare. They always tell me about all of their adventures there. :)

Oampy
by New Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 6:19 AM

My dd love school & she even mistake weekends for week days & try to go to sc hool.She love her friends & teachers.

fraujones
by Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:11 PM

She loves school, but this upcoming year she's a little worried because her best friend is in another class. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)