Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 13: Beautiful Inside & Out

Posted by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:10 PM
  • 63 Replies

Identify women in both your lives whom you admire for qualities that are beautiful both inside and out. Discuss the reasons behind your choices. Choose some new additions based on the output of your conversation.

Who do you admire? What about your daughter?

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:21 PM
1 mom liked this

I admire my sisters because they are all so kind, sweet, and honest.  My children look up to them as well.  

PhyllisGB
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:24 PM

My 4 grown nieces are beautiful, inside & out.  They were almost grown when I had my DD, who is now 18.  She admires them and recently went on a church choir tour with my oldest niece, who directs it. 

She also babysits my second oldest niece's 2 boys on occasion.  The other 2 live about 100 miles away, but we get together often

mommy2kaelynn
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:31 PM

Both myself and my daughter admire my Mom. She is an amazing person, and beautiful inside and out! There are quite a few women I admire, or have admired over my lifetime, I always tell my DD to look at people we know, freinds, family, as well as famous women, and think about what makes them special, why we admire them!

rollinhard07
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:33 PM
1 mom liked this
Sad to say but the only people my daughter admire are her teachers. My daughter has liked her teachers through out her school year but this past school year both of her 5th grade teachers left a great impact on us both.
mommy_2_be_2010
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:34 PM
I managed to keep in touch with a few of my teachers from elementary school they love watching my daughter grow I admire them

My friend courtney is an inspiration also an ex of mine who I still keep in touch with is a huge inspiration to us both
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
othermom
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:36 PM

My grandma. My daughter admires her dad and me.

eevers55
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:41 PM

I admire my sister most. She's made an incredible life for herself and is happy, despite MAJOR setbacks, including the loss of a child, which would have been due a month before my own daughter. My daughter also admires her, but mainly because she's the "cool aunt" everyone wants to be lol. She works on nuclear weapons for the Air Force over in Germany. My daughter thinks she's one of the coolest people ever :)

ldmrmom
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:42 PM

Hands down - my mom.

Her compassion and empathy is inspiring. She has the ability to make everyone that meets her feel like they're something special. My DD has the same gift and it makes me so happy.

MZ.B777
by Bobbi on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:46 PM

My mother and her grandma also we both live my sister her aunt because no matter what the situation she always finds the good in it.

kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:48 PM

My mom....  My daughter thinks so too. She has great strength .

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)