Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 13: Beautiful Inside & Out

Posted by   + Show Post

Identify women in both your lives whom you admire for qualities that are beautiful both inside and out. Discuss the reasons behind your choices. Choose some new additions based on the output of your conversation.

Who do you admire? What about your daughter?

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders

by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
AspensMama1537
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:56 PM
My daughter seems to admire lots of people. I am not sure about myself.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
tamidawn
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 12:59 PM
I admire a coworker of mine!
iamfreeatlast
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:00 PM

I admire my mother.  She had a really hard life growing up and then her problem with alcohol but she has overcome it all.  She still stuggles with the drinking but right now she has been sober for 6 months.  She keeps fighting and doesn't give up.  No matter how hard it gets she still keeps a smile on her face.  My daughter said she admires her brother.  He has had to play the brother roll but also has been like a dad in some ways.  Their dad isn't around but he has been the one to take that role and watch after her and will even tell her she can't wear certain clothes (lol).   He will take her to her pitching practices when he can and he will work with her at home.   He helps her with her homework and does so much more.  (there is 5 1/2 years difference in the two)  She gets on his nerves at times but overall they love each other. 

faery_mama
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:04 PM
My mom....when she was single with 2 daughters managed to work, go back to school and still have time for her girls. Kyndal loves her momo (my mom) she likes that momo always has time for her and her siblings. Her nana because she let's her garden and cook with her
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
2lilmamas
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:04 PM
I admire My mom. She is a very hardworker and always manages to balance her life. I also admire My daughter is so loving and affectionate. She is not selfish at all she is always great with her little sister. She watches over and is very protective over her. She always reads and talks to her. She is a great big sister.
earthangel1967
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 1:05 PM

Audrey Hepburn

Mother Theresa

Pink

Gwen Stefani

Lady Gaga

I admire my daughters

We all admire my husband/their dad

Dr Wayne Dyer

Sarah Ban breathnach

Marianne Williamson

Blinksssss YVONNE

MichelleSw
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:01 PM
1 mom liked this

It's not a who. It's qualities. I admire the strength women can posses with the right nurturing. I admire the power we can posses, the good, the love. My daughter is only 5 so of course she admires mommy. Hopefully that will always be her answer. I am who I am because of her and for her. 

la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:05 PM

I admire my grandmother and a teacher I had. My daughter admires me and her grandmother.

LivinBlessed
by Member on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:19 PM
My daughter said she admires me:) I really hope I am worthy of her admiration! I admire my sister-in-law, who is able to be incredibly successful in her career while raising fantastic kids. I stay at home, but plan on working again when my youngest starts school.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaMandee
by Mandee on Jul. 25, 2012 at 2:35 PM

We both admire my grandma, she is such an amazing women! 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)