Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 14: Boost Book

Posted by   + Show Post

Decorate a notebook or sketchpad together and keep a log of inspiring quotations, compliments and positive comments other people have made about the girl in your life.

Tuck in a few favorite photos or mementos that remind her of moments when she felt confident and beautiful or just had a great time. Whenever she has a moment of uncertainty, bring out the book to get her self-esteem back on track.

Have you ever made something like this?

reading

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! Sign up here for daily reminders

by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 11:16 AM
Replies (31-40):
babynurse454
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 2:42 PM
DD and I have done a few picture journals . I actually made her a empty one do she could write her own thoughts in it, and she has done a few with our trips and pictures of her school friends and teachers etc....
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Chris3kids1dog
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:10 PM

Great idea We will try this

kurtkamkaitsmom
by Kerry on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:12 PM

Yes,  we have book with some awesome quotes in it... she decorated the book too.

2lilmamas
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:20 PM
I made a shutterfly photo book. And she loves because she see's pictures of different phases in her life. She says she enjoys looking back at herself as a baby and she says how big she is now since then. She says she loves that we took different pictures of her and captured special moments.
earthangel1967
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:34 PM

Not that but we have   lots of photo albums and also we made vision dream boards too.

Blinksssss YVONNE

earthangel1967
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:35 PM

Oh we've also made gratitude journals too

Blinksssss YVONNE

eevers55
by on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:36 PM

I have a notebook like this with my sister. We send it back and forth between me here in the states and her over in germany.

godsgirl26
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:38 PM

Quoting AzariahsMother:

I have never done anything like this, but do think it's a great idea.  Thanks! 

JoyJoy
by Member on Jul. 26, 2012 at 3:48 PM
great idea
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
OliviasMommy17
by Melissa on Jul. 26, 2012 at 4:00 PM

I am actually doing something like this.

I am writing down things that I want her to know when I am no longer here. Like memories and how her Daddy and I got together. On one page I tell her "Don't let anyone make you feel bad about yourself. You are beautiful inside and out. Don't let anyone tell you different. Be proud of who you are."

I love the idea of making a book like that.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN