Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

11 Great Quotes to Show Your Daughter

Posted by   + Show Post

As you might have figured out, I love quotes. All quotes. This surge in quote posters - thanks to Pinterest and Etsy, most likely, is totally up my alley. Giving your daughter the wisdom of others is a great and easy way to let her know she is special and to remind her to be strong - and how "strong" is so many different things.

So I rounded up some great quotes about inner greatness and building that confidence foundation and tackling those hard days we all have. An easy way to give these to her: print them out on a color printer in a cool font and her favorite color and put them in a jazzy 8x10 frame to hang in her room.

The more you love your decisions, the less you need others to love them. (Unknown)

An old Cherokee told his grandson, "My son, there is a battle between two wolves inside all of us. One is evil. It is anger, jealousy, lies and ego. The other is Good. It is joy, peace, love, hope, humility, kindness, empathy, and truth." The boy thought about it and asked, "Grandfather, which wolf wins?" The old man quietly replied, "The one you feed." Unknown. (Unknown)

You were born an original. Don't die a copy. (John Mason)

Whether you think you can or think you can't, you're right. (Henry Ford)

Don't let yesterday take up too much of today. (Unknown)

You were born with greatnees. You were born with wings. You are not meant for crawling, so don't.
You have wings. Learn to use them. And fly. (Unknown)

I've learned that you shouldn't go through life with a catcher's mitt on both hands; you need to be able to throw something back. (Maya Angelou)

Your own words are the bricks and mortar of the dreams you want to realize. Your words are the greatest power you have. The words you choose and their use establish the life you experience.  (Sonia Choquette)

Great minds discuss ideas, average minds discuss events, small minds discuss people. (Eleanor Roosevelt)

Nobody cares 
if you can't dance well.
 Just get up and dance.
 Great dancers are not great 
because of their technique, 
they are great because of 
their passion.
 (Martha Graham)

The thing that is really hard, and really amazing, is giving up on being perfect and beginning the work of becoming yourself. (Anna Quindlen)

Share your favorite inspiring quotes!

©iStockphoto.com/ulegundo 

by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:00 AM
Replies (11-20):
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:37 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes!

Quoting goddess99:

Life is not measured by the number of breathes we take, but the number of moments that take our breath away.

lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:43 AM
Good quotes!
Momforhealth
by on Aug. 8, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Nice quotes

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:09 AM

My all time favorite is from the Lord of the rings. May there always be a light for you in the darkest of places when all other lights go out.

countrygirlkat
by Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 11:24 AM

I like these all!  I don't know the exact wording but I like the one that says something like for every door God closes he opens a window.  

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:04 PM

People who judge, don't matter.
People who matter, don't judge.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:06 PM

You are valuable just because you exist.
Not because of what you do or what you have done,
But simply because you are.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:06 PM

You are a human being...not a human doing.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:07 PM

Don't ever give up, even if you don't get to where you want
You'll still be somewhere better than where you were before.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 12:08 PM

If you cannot learn from your own mistakes,
Try to learn from others

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN