Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Raising Confident Daughters Day 15: Mother-Daughter Day

Posted by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:01 PM
  • 72 Replies
2 moms liked this

Spend an entire day (or a few hours if that’s all you have!) with just the two of you! Turn your living room into your very own at-home spa! Give each other mani-pedis and add a little lemon to your water! Treat yourself to a little pampering and talk about feeling more confident!

What will you do for your mother-daughter day?

girl giving flower

Did you miss yesterday's activity? Here it is! Don't forget, you need to respond to 10 of the challenge posts to be entered to win the $50 gift card! 

by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:01 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
fraujones
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:04 PM

I have to wait until DH gets home to do this activity! I think we'll get DD's hair trimmed, have lunch together and play board games :)

PhyllisGB
by Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:08 PM

We will be having a garage sale on August 4th....that's the closest we'll get to this.  Although we usually have our hair trimmed the same day

PinkParadox
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:09 PM
1 mom liked this
We actually did this yesterday :). We watched movies, had pizza, painted toenails and made chocolate chip cookies!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
earthangel1967
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:09 PM

We've done countless things like this with each INDIVIDUAL daughter as well as each individual son the whole time they were growing up.

Each day they had their own queen or king for the day , day of the week and I would do something special one on one with that child on their day each week.

We've had at home spa days too.

Even now that they are grown up one of the girls/kids will drive over and spend a night or two at my apt so we can spend one on one time with them or we'll go to their house or we'll go out together to a movie or to eat.

Blinksssss YVONNE

MZ.B777
by Bobbi on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:12 PM

I think we will treat our selves to a mani/pedi and then rent some movies and games and just chill with each other. We do this about every couple months anyway.

wolfpup
by Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:17 PM

It depends.   I have 3 daugters so I would take them out and separately and do something per each ones likes.

MichelleSw
by Member on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:18 PM

DD absolutely despises having her nails done. I took her to get them done with me once. With a hello kitty on her nails. They were more expensive then mine. She started ripping them off as soon as we went in there. She doesn't like having something on her body. We have a beautiful park with a lake and lots of wildlife. Sometimes we go and have a picnic, bring books, and board games. We just talk and explore. My DD & I are blessed to have each other. I know that much. Every challenge is something I already do with my daughter and she's only 5. So I'm positive I'm doing EXTREMELY well with raising her to be a confident and competent woman.

la_bella_vita
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:20 PM

We have plans to watch a movie and paint our nails.

We also have plans for a girl lunch soon.

ldmrmom
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:27 PM

We go a step further at least twice a year. We don't do a mother-daughter day. We do a grandmother-mother-daughter weekend.  We go away for a two night 'girl trip' ever year. We pick a place the three of us will enjoy, do goofy things like jump on the beds at the hotel (shh!), paint our nails, shop, explore, take an obscene amount of photos, etc and so on. In a month (give or take a week) we're going to spend the day in NYC with afternoon at American Girl on top of whatever else we squish in for DD's birthday. In November we're doing a three-day weekend in Amish Country.

Beyond that, DD is a Girl Scout and I am her troop leader. We spend lots of time together through Scouting. We camp, go to activities and programs, etc.

Once a month each of my kids has a sleep over with the grandparents and the one that stays home gets spoiled rotten. DD's weekend with us is next weekend. We'll be doing nails, she'll torture my hair for a while. We play games together. We write stories together. We go to the park, etc.

We do the same with DS. Not only does he get Dad-son time when it's girl time. He's also going on a long weekend with Grandma and I this coming month.

faery_mama
by on Jul. 27, 2012 at 12:30 PM
Next Saturday we're going to the spa and are going to get mani/pedis just the 2 of us
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN