Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Growing up....

Posted by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM
  • 8 Replies

So my baby girl (2) is transitioning into a big girl bed. We took the front rail off her crib and turned it into a toddler bed. She is so funny, she sleeps in a regular bed for naps, but over night she insists on sleeping in her "baby bed".

Anyway with the front rail off, she can totally get in and out of her crib by herself, but when she drops something out of her bed (like a baby doll, spoon, or random bucket -she sleeps with really odd things) she calls for me to come get it for her, soon as I walk through the door then she hops out and gets it herself.

Yeah she thinks she is all independent, but she totally still needs me ;-)

Blessed Mommy to: Angel Baby : 07/08/08  Alexander Jayce:05/21/09 Kalea Brielle: 06/03/10 Michael Zachary 09/22/11 Angel Baby: 07/02/12

My adventerous life!

by on Jul. 28, 2012 at 10:43 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
TurboMom81
Luke 2:10-11: And the angel said to them, “Fear not, for behold, I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all the people. For unto you is born this day in the city of David a Savior, who is Christ the Lord.
Today at 3:02 PM
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 1:04 AM

I always found moments like that to be kind of bittersweet.  I'm thrilled to see my girls do new things on their own but in a way I am sad because they no longer need me in that area. kwim

omamabean
by Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:12 AM
That's awesome. My girls are 10 and 12 and it's just the same...they think they are independent, but they totally need me! It doesn't really change as they get older ;)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 11:11 AM

So true.

Quoting omamabean:

That's awesome. My girls are 10 and 12 and it's just the same...they think they are independent, but they totally need me! It doesn't really change as they get older ;)

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 11:12 AM

Absolutely.

Quoting TurboMom81:

I always found moments like that to be kind of bittersweet.  I'm thrilled to see my girls do new things on their own but in a way I am sad because they no longer need me in that area. kwim

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Jul. 29, 2012 at 2:58 PM
I agree, it is very bittersweet.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Absolutely.

Quoting TurboMom81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
rollinhard07
by Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 3:38 PM
I miss those days, my two daughters 9 and 11 have already started learning how to cook dinner, per their request :'-(
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Jul. 29, 2012 at 3:42 PM
Awe that will be a bittersweet time too! I am so glad mom let us cook early on! Helped out so much as I got older. Even if at first it was spaghetti every time we cooked:-)

Quoting rollinhard07:

I miss those days, my two daughters 9 and 11 have already started learning how to cook dinner, per their request :'-(

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 6:28 PM

Aww!  I love those moments.  So sweet.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN