Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

At what age?

Posted by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:03 AM
  • 7 Replies
Just curious...at what age did your daughter (or if she's still young, yourself)

Need a bra?

Grow armpit hair?

Start shaving?

Start their period?

Dye their hair?

Wear makeup?

Try acne products, or develop acne?

Start really paying attention to "fashion trends"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:03 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-7):
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 11:33 AM

She was 12 in March

Need a bra? Just after turning 11. She's a little shorter than average, and thin, but her breasts developed quickly-30A first bra-at age 12 she was a 34DD. Still slender hips. Her birth mother was very flat. On her dad's side-no history of large breasts. She's no happy about it, but dealing with it.

Grow armpit hair? Just a little, and some pubic hair at about 12.

Start shaving? Just before she turned 12-her legs have been hairy for awhile, but very light. She was getting hair in armpits. When she asked, I agreed.

Start their period? Three days after she turned 12

Dye their hair? She hasn't asked-her hair is a beautiful color that people often compliment her on, and often think it's highlighted. If she asked I would say no.

Wear makeup? For special occasions, like when she was in a wedding, but she knows we don't approve of makeup at her age, though many in her class wear it. She's says not interested in it yet.

Try acne products, or develop acne? Not yet

Start really paying attention to "fashion trends" Some things, like she's into color blocking, and she likes certain things, but she's very independent about her choices. She doesn't like something just because it's in style, or someone else is wearing it. She says she makes her own style.  

Myself-(I'm her paternal grandmother) Needed a bra about age 13, but I was always very small. Started shaving at 11, started period at 11, dyed my hair at 14, started wearing lipstick about 13, more makeup probably 15. I had acne probably 14, not sure. Fashion trends-probably 12-13.

PinkParadox
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 7:48 PM

BUMP!

AzariahsMother
by on Jul. 29, 2012 at 9:39 PM

Need a bra? 2nd grade she was wearing those training bra's and 3rd grade was real bra wearing.

Grow armpit hair? 2nd grade

Start shaving?

Start their period? About year ago age 11

Dye their hair? She is not into this.

Wear makeup? Last year, so age 10.

Try acne products, or develop acne? Age 9

Start really paying attention to "fashion trends" Age 9

MaddieLainesMom
by Member on Jul. 29, 2012 at 10:06 PM

My daughter's only five so I'll answer for myself.

Need a bra? I hae always been flat chested. I started wearing a bra about 10, but not because I really needed one, but my friends were all wearing them. 

Grow armpit hair? Ummm. I think I was around 12.

Start shaving? I was so afraid I would cut myself shaving so I used nair from about 12 - 14 when I finally started really shaving and found out it wasn't really that scary! Lol.

Start their period? I was 13.

Dye their hair? I dyed my hair for the first time when I was 12. It was only temporary dye over the summer for fun. I dyed it for real the first time when I was 16. 

Wear makeup? My parents never made a big deal out of makeup. I would wear it here or there from about 12 on, but seriously started wearing it (mascara, eyeliner, and eyesahdow) everyday when I was about 14.

Try acne products, or develop acne? I never really had acne. I had a pimple here or there starting about 13 or 14. I never used any special acne products other than washing my face with exfoliating creme when I was 15ish.

Start really paying attention to "fashion trends" I was always kind of into fashion.I liked to wear my idea of cute clothes with matching hairbows (I'm an Alabama girl!). I started noticing what everyone else was wearing and emulating it when I was 12 or 13. 

Uzma_mom_of_2
by Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 1:19 AM

My daughter is only 3 so here is from me.

1 & 4 around 12

2 & 3 about 10

6 & 7 Freshman High school

8 haven't yet, I buy what I like and fashion trends can kiss my butt.  I like ponchos, and still wear mine even though they're no longer 'trendy', and I like my crocs even if they've never really been considered "trendy", but were popular for a while.

I very rarely bother to check a board twice, so debate, get mad, or whatever it is that'll make you feel better, if you don't like what I have to say, because it won't bother me :)sticking out tongue

Kiwismommy19
by Wendy on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:47 AM
She started wearing a bra just before her 7th birthday. She sees fashion trends but doesn't follow them, she sort of does her own thing. She wears lipgloss almost daily. None of the rest really applies.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kmakksmom
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 6:34 PM

I'll do this for my 13 year old daughter.  *I also have an 11 year old, a 10 year old, and a 9 year old daughter...and a 4 year old son*

Need a bra? 9

Grow armpit hair? 10

Start shaving? 10

Start their period? 10.5

Dye their hair? 12

Wear makeup? 12

Try acne products, or develop acne? she hasn't needed these yet

Start really paying attention to "fashion trends" 12

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN