Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

What did you do?

Posted by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM
  • 13 Replies

What did you do this week to make sure your daughter kept things in perspective and felt good about herself?

slightlyperfect

by on Jul. 30, 2012 at 10:30 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 12:14 AM
Does nail painting count? I also kept telling her how great of a helper/big sister she is. she's been having rough days lately.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:08 AM

Aw. What's up with her rough days?

Yes! I love doing my DD's nails! I have so many nail polish colors. She loves picking. She'll ask me to call up the other moms to find out what the colors the kids will be wearing.

Quoting heather4511:

Does nail painting count? I also kept telling her how great of a helper/big sister she is. she's been having rough days lately.

slightlyperfect

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:19 AM
Aww that's cute :)

She's just having issues listening, and jealous of baby brother. We go through this everytime she starts playing with new kids, too.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:32 PM

Man, that's tough.

Quoting heather4511:

Aww that's cute :)

She's just having issues listening, and jealous of baby brother. We go through this everytime she starts playing with new kids, too.

slightlyperfect

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Jul. 31, 2012 at 3:45 PM
Hmmm I'm not sure, she is only 2 so she doesn't tend to have image and perspective issues (other than being a little too self centered since she is 2)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SlightlyPerfect
by on Jul. 31, 2012 at 7:43 PM
1 mom liked this

I know! This is hard for me, too, because DD is 3. I did, however, make sure to praise her more today for being so awesome. We were out and about with people, so I wanted to make sure she heard me mention her talents and creativity to others.

Quoting HamBergerMama:

Hmmm I'm not sure, she is only 2 so she doesn't tend to have image and perspective issues (other than being a little too self centered since she is 2)

slightlyperfect

Kiwismommy19
by Wendy on Aug. 1, 2012 at 11:43 AM
She's still having the occassional down moment over mine and her dad's divorce. She was a little upset thinking about the fun family memories and how there won't be many more made (we get along and still see each other often, still friends and all that). I told her not to focus so much on the past memories that she forgot to make new ones. There's still an opportunity to make awesome memories. They'll just be different from past ones.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:36 PM

This is a difficult time, it's good that she see you and her father being friendly to each other, that will make it so much easier for her to get used to what's happening.

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

She's still having the occassional down moment over mine and her dad's divorce. She was a little upset thinking about the fun family memories and how there won't be many more made (we get along and still see each other often, still friends and all that). I told her not to focus so much on the past memories that she forgot to make new ones. There's still an opportunity to make awesome memories. They'll just be different from past ones.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 2, 2012 at 11:43 PM

We've had several talks about her changing body. She was looking forward to starting her period, but now that she has, and is having cramps, it's not what she thought it would be like, even though we talked about it before and she has several books that she's read several times. She told me she doesn't want to grow up if this is part of it. We talked about how much she's changed since she was little, and she then began to think about it, when I talked to her about all the things she couldn't do then, that she can do now. And about responsibilites coming along with rewards of getting older. She later said she wouldn't want to go backward. And then her dad brought her some chocolate truffles. Smart man! And today she feeling much better physically, and I think feels better about herself.,

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Aug. 3, 2012 at 5:53 AM
Aww how nice of dad. He knows his way to a girls heart :P

I totally know how she feels about the period part. I always said "I can't wait!" Then it hit me, and i was ready to give my period back. The first time I got my period, I was in 7th grade and I got so sick. I threw up my French toast in the school office. :( And i had a weird headache that messed with my vision. Then the cramps started, blah! At least mom let me stay home from school a couple days Lol

I'm so nervous to go through that stage with my DD, but i hope to be less awkward than my mom.

Quoting SweetLuci:

We've had several talks about her changing body. She was looking forward to starting her period, but now that she has, and is having cramps, it's not what she thought it would be like, even though we talked about it before and she has several books that she's read several times. She told me she doesn't want to grow up if this is part of it. We talked about how much she's changed since she was little, and she then began to think about it, when I talked to her about all the things she couldn't do then, that she can do now. And about responsibilites coming along with rewards of getting older. She later said she wouldn't want to go backward. And then her dad brought her some chocolate truffles. Smart man! And today she feeling much better physically, and I think feels better about herself.,

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)