Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

He's Home! *back story added*

Posted by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:26 AM
  • 8 Replies

The doctor wanted to keep him another night last night but Mark promised to call if he started sweating or getting sick. But he is home!!!! Ok, now to get all of the girls well, myself well, and Mark healed because I am SSSOOOOO over illnesses, surgeries, doctors, and hospitals. :)

*back story*

About a month ago at a routine CT scan for his asthma they found a tumor in my husband's chest cavity and he had to have it removed (it was NOT cancerous, thank goodness!). A week later he developed pneumonia. He was put on meds and all and was still in a lot of pain. Well, come to find out the pneumonia was very aggressive and although they caught it very quickly they did not catch it soon enough. At his followup appt last Monday they found a large infection and sent him in for emergency surgery to reinsert the chest tube and drain the infection. He has been in the hospital since Monday and was allowed to come home late last night.

Last week, all three of my girls, as well as myself, developed a stomach virus and a cold. My youngest took the cold and mutated it into a super cold which caused ear infections and an eye infection. A week ago today we spend the night in the ER and at the children's hospital (they transported us from the ER to the Children's Hospital downtown) for all of that. Her doctor wanted us to take her to the ER because out of nowhere her eye swelled shut and they wanted to rule out infection...too bad it was an infection. haha

All of that to say, I am over it all and ready for some normalcy again. haha  

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 9:26 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-8):
countrygirlkat
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:24 AM

I don't really know your story but I am glad to hear that your DH is home and that you can all be together again.  I hope you get some rest mama and everybody feels better!

Harris06
by Megan on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:40 AM

Oh I'm sorry, I guess I should have included some back story. About a month ago at a routine CT scan for his asthma they found a tumor in my husband's chest cavity and he had to have it removed (it was NOT cancerous, thank goodness!). A week later he developed pneumonia. He was put on meds and all and was still in a lot of pain. Well, come to find out the pneumonia was very aggressive and although they caught it very quickly they did not catch it soon enough. At his followup appt last Monday they found a large infection and sent him in for emergency surgery to reinsert the chest tube and drain the infection. He has been in the hospital since Monday and was allowed to come home late last night.

Last week, all three of my girls, as well as myself, developed a stomach virus and a cold. My youngest took the cold and mutated it into a super cold which caused ear infections and an eye infection. A week ago today we spend the night in the ER and at the children's hospital (they transported us from the ER to the Children's Hospital downtown) for all of that. Her doctor wanted us to take her to the ER because out of nowhere her eye swelled shut and they wanted to rule out infection...too bad it was an infection. haha

All of that to say, I am over it all and ready for some normalcy again. haha  

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I don't really know your story but I am glad to hear that your DH is home and that you can all be together again.  I hope you get some rest mama and everybody feels better!

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

countrygirlkat
by Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 10:49 AM

Yikes, you have had a long month!  I am glad your DH is doing better and that the kids are getting there too.  Hugs for sure to you!

.Angelica.
by on Aug. 4, 2012 at 11:04 AM

oh wow, glad everyone is feeling better.

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 4, 2012 at 6:22 PM

Glad everyone is getting better. 

Kmakksmom
by on Aug. 5, 2012 at 6:54 PM

That's wonderful to hear!

Mrs.Andrews
by on Aug. 6, 2012 at 2:04 PM

Geez that sounds really rough! I'm glad everyone is getting better though. 

LilyBeansMom
by Member on Aug. 6, 2012 at 2:40 PM
Yikes. Hope things keep improving for all of you!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)