Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Ways working moms spend quality time with their Daughter

Posted by   + Show Post
"My 13 year old daughter and i spend quality time together by volunteering at an animal shelter. We try to walk dogs from the shelter together at least four times a month. It is a great way to shut off technology and spend time talking and exercising. We both love it!" -B. Rossi, NJ

"My 15 year old and I take a couple of hours on a weekend every few weeks and prepare dinners that can be frozen and heated up later. We put the preparation instructions on the package, so that on nights when I'm not home for dinner, she'll have a homemade meal to heat up. We have time to talk while we're preparing the meals and love working on dinner together." -B. Bingham, UT

"My daughter and I take walks together. I was looking for a way to fit in more exercise, and I wanted to give my daughter a time to talk about school, her friends, and her concerns. It always gets me out the door, and It's great to have her go with me for support. It's so rewarding for both of us! -K. Kimball, WA

"My daughter and I spend quality time together by having a "yes" day. Whether its during the week or on the weekend, we do whatever she asks (within reason). She chooses the meals we will make together, I read with her, we paint our toenails or jump on the trampoline- whatever she wants to do together, my response is, "yes!" It's amazing time spent together and a nice break from the everyday routine. -K. Hexson, IN

"I spend quality time with my daughter every morning by setting the alarm 15 minutes earlier, so we can have "cuddle time". We curl up in her bed and talk about the plans for the day and whatever is on our minds. It gives us great one-on-one time and has become a ritual in our home. My daughter is now officially known as my "cuddle bug". -K. Traverso, NY
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 7, 2012 at 4:15 PM
Replies (21-24):
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 8, 2012 at 9:34 AM

She's frustrated by it at times. She wants her stitches to be like mine-the first time, and I have to keep reminding her that they are like mine-when I first started learning to quilt.

Quoting heather4511:

Lol my day for that is coming :P. That cool that your dd enjoys quilting! I hope I can pass that on to my daughter.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Ahh, you'd get off easy-she'syoung. I'd probably have a list- go to the mall, and the library, lunch at her favorite fish restaurant, then the beach for a walk and a swim,then sew on her quilt with her.

Quoting heather4511:

My DD would probably choose McDonald's and the park Lol

Quoting SweetLuci:

It would!

Quoting heather4511:

Right! I think for a stay at home mom, the "yes" day idea would work really well! :)

Quoting SweetLuci:

These are terriffic idea for spending one-on-one time together; not just for moms who work outside the home, but busy stay-at-home moms as well. I love them!

Kmakksmom
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 12:23 AM

Those are awesome ideas!  Thank you for sharing :)

daerca574
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 7:17 AM

We do special things together.  Even if it is just going to the store.  I try to make the most out of my time with her.  She is 15 and super busy too.

mallowcup17
by Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 8:05 AM

good ideas! this is how i connected to my mom as a kid. we often volunteered together as a family at a food bank my parents helped run. we still do actually on occasion

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)