Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I Just Saw....

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM
  • 28 Replies

I was just watching the Rachael Ray show and she had Shaq as a guest star.  He was mentioning that he's a part of a program that Dove has for young men.  I thought that was neat since I also have a son.  I forgot what they call the program but it was helping them to be comfortable in their own skin.  Shaq's such a great guy!!

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:42 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
When you find "The Interview" online...
Yesterday at 9:25 PM
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 11:00 AM

Yeah, it looks pretty cool!

slightlyperfect

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 9, 2012 at 7:30 PM
Very cool!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Megan on Aug. 9, 2012 at 10:26 PM

Awesome!! We always hear so much about "strong girls" and making our daughters be "comfortable in their own skin" but it seems that the boys are many times forgotten. 

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:43 PM

I agree! I think it's great that they are doing something like that for boys. :)

Quoting Harris06:

Awesome!! We always hear so much about "strong girls" and making our daughters be "comfortable in their own skin" but it seems that the boys are many times forgotten. 

Wish2Be
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:43 PM
Honestly I don't like Rachel Ray but I love what she stands for so I buy her products.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
elasmimi
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 7:45 PM

I think we expect boys to be more confident on their own, and that is not always true. Good for Shaq.

JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 8:03 PM
That's awesome
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Charizma77
by Carissa on Aug. 13, 2012 at 8:24 PM
That's great
mamivon2
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 9:46 PM

Thats cool.. I dont watch RR thought

Wish2Be
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 8:41 AM

Quoting elasmimi:

I think we expect boys to be more confident on their own, and that is not always true. Good for Shaq.

I agree with this and to be honest I have misunderstood the psych of the boy. My son has been singled out for bullying since he was 2 years old...he is almost 3 and has never stood up for himself. He is so passive without an angry violent bone in his body....I fear for him in school...I wish I knew how to boost his confidence too.

I always thought boys could handle that sort of thing better than girls, but to be honest....I think sometimes it gets worse for boys. Hope that doesnt offend anyone.

CafeMom Tickers
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN