Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just play...hangout...do something!

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:29 PM
  • 17 Replies

When was the last time that you physically stopped whatever it was that you were doing, however important it seemed, and just played with your daughter? Or, if your daughter is older, just did something with her? I am burning up and sweating because, as much as I need to get this birthday present done (ok, started), my 3 year old asked me to play with her.....so I did! It's not about the minutes, it's about the moments and the memories.

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
I just don't understand why some people choose to live in filth.
Today at 9:27 AM
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:18 PM
2 moms liked this

I do every day! That's my life!

Just not when I'm cooking. But even then she's in the kitchen with me, helping.

slightlyperfect

TurboMom81
ugh. This day needs a major do over!
Today at 1:54 PM
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:24 PM
It's been a while since I did a spurt o the moment play session. I usually just do planned things with them. Last night I took them to the local fair and Hikari went on her first "big kid ride". She had absolutely No interest in the kiddie rides LOL.

Sometimes while They are getting ready for bed I will come into thier room while they listening to their Anastasia Soundtrack and sing out loud to "Journey to the Past" or "Once Upon a December"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:27 PM

OMG! That is soo true too! That is exactly how my husband and I feel.  Every night our kids come to our room to watch tv with us even though they could watch it in the living room. And even when we would love to go to bed early because we don't feel too well, we just wait until they decide to go to bed or go back downstairs and watch tv. The 3 little ones are usually going to bed around nine so that only leaves the 4 older kids.  Watching tv this way, has our kids enjoying the older tv programs that my husband and I like.  We didn't plan it this way but its working out really nice.  :)

undefined

TurboMom81
ugh. This day needs a major do over!
Today at 1:54 PM
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 9:00 PM

Here's one of our activities! Singing our favorite songs!

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:23 PM

I don't do it as much as I should, but I try to set aside specific time at least once a day. Its hard to not get caught up in the house work. I really struggle with that. 

JSKKP831
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:18 AM

I normally tend to sleep in since I get home from work kind of late. Last night, I didn't go to sleep until 2am. I purposely got up earlier than usual this morning so my husband, kids, and I could walk to their school after breakfast to see how long it would take. When we got there we kicked the soccer ball around awhile and then walked back. After we freshened up we went out to lunch and afterwards had frozen yogurt together. We don't normally do these types of things on the weekdays due to work, but since my husband didn't have to work last night (he works graveyard 12-13 hr shifts) it was a rare opportunity to spend the day as a family, rather than the kids having to deal with tired parents all of the time.  I'm planing on making the morning walk to school a daily ritual.

Harris06
by Megan on Aug. 11, 2012 at 8:34 AM
That's awesome!

Quoting JSKKP831:

I normally tend to sleep in since I get home from work kind of late. Last night, I didn't go to sleep until 2am. I purposely got up earlier than usual this morning so my husband, kids, and I could walk to their school after breakfast to see how long it would take. When we got there we kicked the soccer ball around awhile and then walked back. After we freshened up we went out to lunch and afterwards had frozen yogurt together. We don't normally do these types of things on the weekdays due to work, but since my husband didn't have to work last night (he works graveyard 12-13 hr shifts) it was a rare opportunity to spend the day as a family, rather than the kids having to deal with tired parents all of the time.  I'm planing on making the morning walk to school a daily ritual.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 11, 2012 at 9:11 AM
Fantastic!

Quoting Harris06:

That's awesome!

Quoting JSKKP831:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by Wendy on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:16 AM
We do this a lot. Because of my work schedule and the way her time is divided between here and her dad's house (it's a very loose arrangement that changes weekly but evens out to about 50/50) we don't do it daily. But when she's here we play or just hang out. She's still little, 7, but on her way to big so she often likes to just sti and chat. Fun times :)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:18 PM

I agree with you. I have two daughters ages 4 and 2. We do our zumba everyday. They love to dance with me. My 2 year old goes around singing "slide it to the right, slide it to the life, slide it to the front now bring it , bring it, bring it back." It's funny to see her do it. We have a lot of fun doing it. We also do dress up, go outside and I will chase them around or push them on the swings. I also enjoy sitting down and reading to them.  :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)