Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Just play...hangout...do something!

Posted by   + Show Post

When was the last time that you physically stopped whatever it was that you were doing, however important it seemed, and just played with your daughter? Or, if your daughter is older, just did something with her? I am burning up and sweating because, as much as I need to get this birthday present done (ok, started), my 3 year old asked me to play with her.....so I did! It's not about the minutes, it's about the moments and the memories.

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:29 PM
Replies (11-17):
Samanthamommy
by Member on Aug. 14, 2012 at 11:41 PM

today. :)

Kainalu55
by Malia on Aug. 15, 2012 at 2:34 AM

I sometimes get so caught uo with my work that I have to really stop and take the time to take a break from it all and spend some time with my girls!

Kmakksmom
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 4:00 AM

I try to do that everyday.

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 7:44 AM

I do it just about everyday.  Sometimes my work schedule just won't allow it. 

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 15, 2012 at 11:12 AM

When she was younger it was more impromptu. Now that she's older and understands more about my time, and that she's not the center of the universe, we do more scheduled things, but we also like to do spur of the moment things. From the time she was small, we taught her to have respect for other people's needs and to be patient, so when she asked me to play, if I was in the middle of a project, I would give her a time, and set the timer, so she knew when it went off, it was time to play.

Mrs.Andrews
by on Aug. 15, 2012 at 12:40 PM

So true! I am very guilty of not spending enough time with my daughter. 

JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Aug. 16, 2012 at 1:11 PM

My dd doesn't really have that need to play with me. But she wants the cuddle and reading time. So whenever her brother is napping we cuddle and read.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)