Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Are you a double standard?

Posted by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:38 PM
  • 18 Replies

What do you do when you come across someone with whom you just plain do not see eye to eye? Are you a people pleaser? Are you TOO self-confident? Do you ignore the confrontation? In this "Land of Cafemom" we have all come intp contact with women that we just do not see eye to eye with, we all say "I always say what I feel" but, if you were honest with yourself, do you hide behind a computer screen? What if your daughter saw the way that you talk to other women online, what would she think? Are you a double standard?

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 4:38 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
I just don't understand why some people choose to live in filth.
Yesterday at 9:27 AM
by Bronze Member on Aug. 9, 2012 at 5:20 PM
1 mom liked this

Nope. How I am here is how I am. I can't not be who I am. I handle people rationally and with empathy. I rarely tailor my communication unless I have to (like professionally, when I'm representing someone else, or if I'm speaking to someone who is young)--but even then it's always rational, just presented differently and probably with more intention.

slightlyperfect

TurboMom81
ugh. This day needs a major do over!
Yesterday at 1:54 PM
by on Aug. 9, 2012 at 6:18 PM
1 mom liked this
I ignore! I'm a HUGE people pleaser! I do not like confrontation at all! So I just back away and avoid. I have managed to get pretty good after all this time!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by Wendy on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:31 AM
Depends on the topic. I'll walk away (or just hit the back button) if it's not worth my time to get into it with them over. Not a people pleaserr but I have better uses of my time than arguing over something meaningless. I'd have no problem with Kyra seeing what I say here. I'm the same here as in real life.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:35 AM
Nope I'm the same way on cafemom that I am in real life. I am very opinionated and have strong opinions. It wouldn't make a difference if my kids saw what I say on here because like i said I'm the same way off of cafemom. I want my kids to stand up for what they believe in and speak their mind!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:42 AM

I think I say what I think a bit more online but I try to be nice whether it is online or in person. 

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 6:53 PM
1 mom liked this

It has never bothered me  that people have a different opinion then my own. I always like to hear someone else's side. The people I tend to not get along with is those that closed minded. It's their way or no way. I can normally see two sides to almost anything. I also feel if someone was actually calm and willing to tell someone why they feel the way they do then attack someone that person might learn something or understand where they are coming from.  I'm pretty laid back.. To me it's not worth it to start an argument on here, because it would only be for the sake of drama. I would rather spend my energy making someones day better with kindness then making it worse with rudeness. :)

LilyBeansMom
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 3:04 PM
I don't think I am different here, but in real life people are not usually asking my opinion like they are here so I have to work at keeping my mouth shut and my opinion to myself!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:27 PM
1 mom liked this

I am pretty much the same IRL as I am online. I don't do much confronting. I tend to share my opinion and/or just move on.

qkforever
by New Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:28 PM

Quoting TurboMom81:

I ignore! I'm a HUGE people pleaser! I do not like confrontation at all! So I just back away and avoid. I have managed to get pretty good after all this time!

I am the exactly the same way. 

[IMG]http://i656.photobucket.com/albums/uu284/BackgroundLove_pickups/Greenskittlessp/hearts/1pinkkimber.png[/IMG]

Mrs.Andrews
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:29 PM
1 mom liked this

Same here! I find myself having trouble going between cafemom social rules and the real world socially. I have to remember people IRL probably don't want my opinion or advice on the issues I am passionate about online.

Quoting LilyBeansMom:

I don't think I am different here, but in real life people are not usually asking my opinion like they are here so I have to work at keeping my mouth shut and my opinion to myself!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)