Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Goals.

Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM
  • 23 Replies

When it comes to getting motivated, nothing is more important than setting goal.  Setting goals allows you to fix your attention on a single idea- something that you truly want to achieve, but will not achieve in the near future.

With that said, where do you want to be in the next five years? Is that thinking too far head in the future for you?

Why do you answer so?

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 12:10 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
SlightlyPerfect
I'm not ready.
Yesterday at 9:25 AM
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:50 AM
2 moms liked this

I initially thought, "Well, we're buying a house, so we better damn well be in that house in the next 5 years if we're gonna build up some equity!" but now I'm not so sure. I see a lot of my friends taking jobs in NYC, NJ, and CA--and they're all in the same field I was until I became a SAHM. (Please note, none of them have children! They can make those decisions and moves easily.)

In 5 years I'll either still be a SAHM or working again. I want to work again, but I think staying home is far more important, and DD won't even be 9 then, so chances are I'll be home until she's in high school. And that is fine by me.

I guess I'd like to finally complete my masters when she goes to school, but I think I'd change it to something other than education.

slightlyperfect

TurboMom81
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:18 AM

I usually plan my goals one year at a time. 

But in 5 years I will own a home ideally in either North Carolina or Seattle, Washington.

I will be working as an RN, finishing up my Bachelor's.

I will be a fitness Instructor teaching Hip Hop Hustle at either a local gym or I will rent Dance Studio space

I will be a health and fitness coach, helping other fulfill their Health and fitness goals! From the comforts of my very own home office of course! ;-)

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 2:04 PM

That has been a most difficult task for me to accomplish. I have never been able to see "down the road" that far.  So, I just take one day or two at a time and deal with what that brings. I try to only live in today. If I can be and do what needs to be accomplished today and tomorrow comes, well then, that's great. I shall worry about tomorrow when tomorrow is here.  At least, I do my best to be this way.  I just hate thinking too far down the road.  

undefined

KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 3:41 PM
1 mom liked this

Beautiful, this is very inspiring, I wish you all the very best!

Quoting TurboMom81:

I usually plan my goals one year at a time. 

But in 5 years I will own a home ideally in either North Carolina or Seattle, Washington.

I will be working as an RN, finishing up my Bachelor's.

I will be a fitness Instructor teaching Hip Hop Hustle at either a local gym or I will rent Dance Studio space

I will be a health and fitness coach, helping other fulfill their Health and fitness goals! From the comforts of my very own home office of course! ;-)

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:32 PM

5 years from now, My goals are:

To be organized

To begin writing something (devotional, childrens sunday school material, something non-fiction)

To have happily home educated children

To be partnering with DH on a business of some kind. (coffee shop likely ? =) )

KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:36 PM

That sounds very nice. 

Quoting HamBergerMama:

5 years from now, My goals are:

To be organized

To begin writing something (devotional, childrens sunday school material, something non-fiction)

To have happily home educated children

To be partnering with DH on a business of some kind. (coffee shop likely ? =) )

JSKKP831
by Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:55 PM
1 mom liked this

At this point I am so jaded from making 5 year goals because I always end up being in the same position I was the previous 5 years. Year after year, I am still living in an apartment. Year after year, I am still in an entry level job. Patience is not my best virtue. However, I still have goals that I would like to achieve someday, I just don't put a time frame on them. 

My goals:

1. Get out of debt.
2. Buy a home!
3. Obtain a better paying job or go back to school.

Those are my top three for now.   

KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 11, 2012 at 12:08 AM

Very nice!

Kiwismommy19
by Wendy on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:23 AM
Growing up, I often wondered if tomorrow would even come, and to be honest sometimes wished it wouldn't. I developed a say and do it today because there may not be a tomorrow mentality that stuck with me into adulthood. Upside, I never miss a chance at something because I'm scared. Downside, I can barely see down the road to next week much less 5 years from now. I take each day as it comes and do the best I can with it.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:12 PM

I want to be certified and teaching. :)

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)