Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Dad

SlightlyPerfect
Don't let people fool you. Everything they do is by design.
Yesterday at 8:17 AM
Posted by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:46 AM
  • 60 Replies

I know we've been talking a bit about our daughters and their daddies, but what about your dad? Do you do anything special with your dad?

I just thought of this because it's become a tradition this summer for my dad and I, every Friday, to go to the local farmers market for some fresh produce and then to a little bar for drinks, food, and fun conversation. I just really value that time with him, and I attribute so much of my success to him, so it makes that time even more special.

What do you all do with your dads? How has your dad contributed to your self-esteem?

slightlyperfect

by on Aug. 10, 2012 at 7:46 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I have always been very close with my father.  I used to go everywhere with him when I was little.  He was the one that contributed to my self esteem (he gave compliments, said I love you--things my mom didn't do hardly at all).  My favorite memories with him was each Christmas Eve we would go and do his Christmas shopping for my mom and he'd let me help pick out her gift.  

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 10:51 AM

I forgot to add that he now has alzeheimer's and is not doing well at all.  The time for us to share a special tradition has come and gone.  :(

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 10, 2012 at 1:54 PM

I wouldn't be able to answer this question. I didn't grow up with a dad or even a father figure.  But I do have the most wonderful husband in the whole universe. :)

undefined

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 10, 2012 at 11:35 PM

My dad is awesome. He is the only parent, actually he is one of 3 people, who ever said they were proud of me. 

Growing up, he used to take me to highschool football games with him. That was super special time, we were homeschooled, so he took me to games up to an hour away to go see his Alma Mater play. We talk several times a week. We like to go on walks or jogs occasionally when we are in town. 

captainjack
by Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 10:00 AM

I was very close to my dad we would always have take out Chineese and play cribbage every Friday afternoon.  But now he is dead and miss those times so...much.  Very good memories though.

Kiwismommy19
by Wendy on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:10 AM
I'm a huge daddy's girl. As a kid I was much closer to him than my mom. He lives about 15 hours away now so I don't see him often. It's been about 3 1/2 years since last time. But we talk weekly.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by Wendy on Aug. 11, 2012 at 11:13 AM
Growing up, he was the fun goofy one. My best memories are of when we lived in AK. We'd have races up the down escalators or up the down ones. He helped build a tunnel under the snow from our backyard to a friend's 5 houses down (yeah, we had that much snow on the ground). He always told me the only things I couldn't do were those things I didn't think I could do. That not trying was worse than trying and failing.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I have a great relationship with my Dad. He did have a bit of a temper growing up, but nobody is perfect. I know he loved us a lot and did a lot for us. I only get to see my Dad once a year now. I moved 2,000 miles away. It's hard at times to be that far away from my family. I sure do miss them! :(

Angelanscalf89
by New Member on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:24 PM
i get along with all my dads
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 11, 2012 at 7:45 PM
Do you have a step dad?

Quoting Angelanscalf89:

i get along with all my dads

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN