Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

my 8 1/2 yo dd asked me to teach

Posted by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:02 AM
  • 37 Replies
Her how to shave. She does have really thick hair and dark. And she's very mature for her age. She is also starting to show other signs of puberty like pimples and Body odor and all. A lot earlier than me. I told her that if she starts now, she can't stop. I don't think any of her classmates are shaving yet. Should I try to hold her off?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:02 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
ceciliam
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:54 AM

I wouldn't worry so much about what er classmates are doing, and just do what is best for your daughter. All kids mature differently.

countrygirlkat
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 11:59 AM

I think it depends on how well you think she would do.  If you think she would be capable of handling the razor safely and keeping up on it then I would say go for it.  It seems that it is making her self conscious so you have to take that into consideration too.

.Angelica.
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 1:31 PM

i agree with this.

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I think it depends on how well you think she would do.  If you think she would be capable of handling the razor safely and keeping up on it then I would say go for it.  It seems that it is making her self conscious so you have to take that into consideration too.

Mrs.Andrews
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 5:39 PM

If you think she can do it safely on her own. Then go for it. 

slw123
by Member on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:00 PM

Girls are developing earlier.  I was in 6th grade before I got my first training bra.  My daughter, 3rd grade.  She started wearing deodorant in 2nd.  She has asked me before about shaving.  I told her she needed to wait, but she has blond hair, while it's pretty thick I still want her to try to wait until she goes into middle school.  I guess we'll see what happens.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:02 PM

This:

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

If you think she can do it safely on her own. Then go for it. 

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

TheBabyFactory4
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:07 PM
I'm not really concerned what the other girls are doing, I just said that because I think if her peers aren't ready yet, it might be easier to convince her to wait a little longer. At least until next summer when she'll start wearing the shorts again
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Megan on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:36 PM

I think you should teach her if it is bothering her. After all, she did come and ask you, specifically as opposed to just trying it herself.

kellynh
by on Aug. 13, 2012 at 6:56 PM
I would, because it will be so course growing back.
mamivon2
by on Aug. 14, 2012 at 8:01 AM

I would..

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)