Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(Update) Which is worse, failing or never trying?

Posted by   + Show Post

But what if you stood to lose a great deal of money, (say a few million bucks) trying out a business that failed, would you still feel it was better have to tried, than to fail?

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Replies (41-49):
KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:07 AM

I agree.

Quoting Harris06:

It is still better to try and fail than never to have tried at all. We learn so much about ourselves and other people, for that matter, during our times of failure that without ever failing we would never know what we can handle and how.  

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:31 AM

Ask Donald Trump that one...lol...I think he'll tell you that even though he's had tremendous failures...they've led to a lot of success as well.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:32 AM

You have to have knowledge and experience when you're dealing with large sums of money, just as in other parts of your life. It's foolhardy to not do your due diligence.

Mrs.Andrews
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 6:08 PM

No. But I could never imagine risking something like that. Or having it to risk. 

KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 26, 2012 at 8:12 PM

LOL.

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

No. But I could never imagine risking something like that. Or having it to risk. 

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:40 PM
Never trying, but the more you stand to lose, the better your plan needs to be :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:14 PM

Very, very true. I agree 100%

Quoting HamBergerMama:

Never trying, but the more you stand to lose, the better your plan needs to be :-)

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:28 PM

hahahaha no kidding!

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

Blessed Mommy to: Angel Baby : 07/08/08  Alexander Jayce:05/21/09 Kalea Brielle: 06/03/10 Michael Zachary 09/22/11 Angel Baby: 07/02/12

My adventerous life!

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 9:54 PM

I strongly agree with this.  

Quoting HamBergerMama:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN