Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

(Update) Which is worse, failing or never trying?

Posted by   + Show Post

But what if you stood to lose a great deal of money, (say a few million bucks) trying out a business that failed, would you still feel it was better have to tried, than to fail?

by on Aug. 17, 2012 at 12:16 AM
Replies (31-40):
KristinRox
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:04 PM
1 mom liked this

very well said. 

Quoting MomTiara19:

Hi,

It is always better to try and fail then never try at all.In life I have learned my biggest and best lessons for my "ooops" moments...lol..

~Tia

JOIN US ON:

Samanthamommy
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:14 PM

Tried as long as it wouldn't risk things such as having money for food, mortgage, etc.

KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:18 PM

This particular part of your reply gave me goose bumps, because it's exactly what happens when you try, you actual put yourself out there, your, soul, money, time and energy, you put it all out there to try and make your dreams come true, and if you fail sure it's a set back, and it hurts; but, at least you put your self out there and tried. and I love that whole ideas of "courage"

It takes a lot of courage to take that leap. 

Thank you, I for some reason I feel like you were talking to my heart with this reply and maybe one day I will share more of why I replied this way. But until then I love your reply, and Thank you, for indirectly, and unknowingly you gave me encouragement to move forward and to keep putting myself out there and pursuing my dreams!

hugs

Quoting KristinRox:

While failing completely sucks, never trying is worse in my eyes. The best things in life come from putting yourself out there, and trying. 

KristinRox
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:21 PM

Im happy that I spoke to your soul and planted a little bit of encouragement in there. Many of us could use a good pat on the back and a little whisper in the ear "keep going, youre doing great" once in a while. 

Keep your eyes on the goal, youll get there. :0)

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

This particular part of your reply gave me goose bumps, because it's exactly what happens when you try, you actual put yourself out there, your, soul, money, time and energy, you put it all out there to try and make your dreams come true, and if you fail sure it's a set back, and it hurts; but, at least you put your self out there and tried. and I love that whole ideas of "courage"

Thank you, I for some reason I feel like you were talking to my heart with this reply and maybe one day I will share more of why I replied this way. But until then I love your reply, and Thank you, for indirectly, and unknowingly you gave me encouragement to move forward and to keep putting myself out there and pursuing my dreams!

hugs

Quoting KristinRox:

While failing completely sucks, never trying is worse in my eyes. The best things in life come from putting yourself out there, and trying. 

JOIN US ON:

KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 1:30 PM

Wonderful, Thank you.

Quoting KristinRox:

Im happy that I spoke to your soul and planted a little bit of encouragement in there. Many of us could use a good pat on the back and a little whisper in the ear "keep going, youre doing great" once in a while. 

Keep your eyes on the goal, youll get there. :0)

Quoting KymberleeAnn:

hugs

Quoting KristinRox:

Bmat
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:28 PM

It depends on how much of your money that amount represents, and on whether this was a long-held dream and thoroughly researched.

JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:25 PM

For your update I still stick with my original reply but then again I would never open a business unless it was my passion and I did lots of research and had a solid business plan

KymberleeAnn
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:29 PM

Planing is essential when this much money is at stake.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

For your update I still stick with my original reply but then again I would never open a business unless it was my passion and I did lots of research and had a solid business plan

Bob192
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 4:02 PM

A million bucks is a lot, I think it probably depends on what I learned!

Harris06
by Megan on Aug. 23, 2012 at 11:06 AM

It is still better to try and fail than never to have tried at all. We learn so much about ourselves and other people, for that matter, during our times of failure that without ever failing we would never know what we can handle and how.  

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN