Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I just lost my sister at the age of 30.. Have any of you dealt with something like this and if so, how did you deal with

Posted by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 2:36 PM
  • 24 Replies

I just lost my sister at the age of 30..  Have any of you dealt with something like this and if so, how did you deal with it?

My sister is my best friend.  We were only 22 months apart.  We were roommates at one point, we had classes together and even had a couple jobs together.

I lost her as a result of one stupid decision on a drunken night and now my family and I have lost her forever.

If any of you have dealt with something similar, I would love to hear ideas on how you moved on and got passed it.

by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 2:36 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 21, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I haven't had to deal with the loss of a sister and I'm sure that must be really hard.  Remember the good times and keep her memory alive in your heart.  Hugs.

TurboMom81
by on Aug. 21, 2012 at 7:52 PM
1 mom liked this

I didn't lose a sister but last year my Grandmother was killed in a car accident.
She practically raised me while my little sister was in and out of the hospital and when my Mom was in Nursing school. She was a huge part of my life! In the blink of an eye she was gone! I never got to say goodbye or kiss her one last time. It's something that still haunts me. I think that it's only by The Grace of God that I survived this pass year.
I am still trying to come to terms with it all but I have found ways to heal little by little.
Steven Curtis Chapman's Album Beauty Will Rise, was great to listen to at such a time.

daerca574
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:13 AM

so sorry for your loss.  Although I have never gone through anything similar, I would talk to your family, friends, or even a support group to help you through this.  I would also talk to your pastor for support.

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:22 AM

I am so sorry for your loss. My husband died unexpectedly of a heart attack. I was in shock through the funeral and after that I would get the kids off to school and then just sit and cry. My doctor recommended a therapist, and she put me in touch with a support group. That got me through it. Being able to talk with other people who were going through similar grief saved my sanity. Many funeral homes have support groups that are free.

mallowcup17
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 9:42 AM

im sorry fro your loss! ((hugs))

rollinhard07
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 2:29 PM
All I can offer is hug and prayers.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 3:26 PM

I;m so sorry for your loss!

goddess99
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 4:08 PM

I'm so sorry for your loss.

TurboMom81
by on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:07 PM

amy7243
by Member on Aug. 22, 2012 at 7:19 PM

This is what I was going to say.

Quoting 4kidz916:

I'm so sorry for your loss.  I haven't had to deal with the loss of a sister and I'm sure that must be really hard.  Remember the good times and keep her memory alive in your heart.  Hugs.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN