Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't stand when someone acts like I know nothing just because I have boobs. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:27 AM
  • 47 Replies
I went to an auto parts store yesterday for a new radiator for my truck. I went in, said exactly what I needed. He asked twice if I was sure then asked if there was a man I wanted him to call to make sure I was getting the correct thing. And looked offended when I said Fuck you! I demanded to speak to his supervisor and ended up getting $30 knocked off the cost (woo-hoo) but it still pissed me off. Just because a customer has boobs and a vagina, doesn't mean they're some clueless mindless twit!
Anyone else ever have that problem?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
Kiwismommy19
by Wendy on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:29 AM
I gave no indication I had any doubt what I wanted. I do NOT give off that "oh I'm just a girl I don't know" vibe. I spoke clearly, said exactly what I needed, I wasn't confused or all flighty. Shit like that pisses me off more than anything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mamivon2
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:30 AM

yeah sometimes..

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:40 AM
1 mom liked this

I haven't had that problem, but then I don't cuss people out either.

Kiwismommy19
by Wendy on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:41 AM
I don't usually. I do cuss and cuss often. But generally not out of anger or "at" someone.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Kubalabuku
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:43 AM
1 mom liked this

Yes.  I don't cuss, I just show them that I know EXACTLY what I am talking about.

Harris06
by Megan on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:43 AM

I've been questioned like that before, I just stand my ground and tell them I am sure and go about my business. No skin off my back.

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:17 AM

OMG!  They seriously asked if there was a man you wanted to call?!!!!

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

I went to an auto parts store yesterday for a new radiator for my truck. I went in, said exactly what I needed. He asked twice if I was sure then asked if there was a man I wanted him to call to make sure I was getting the correct thing. And looked offended when I said Fuck you! I demanded to speak to his supervisor and ended up getting $30 knocked off the cost (woo-hoo) but it still pissed me off. Just because a customer has boobs and a vagina, doesn't mean they're some clueless mindless twit!

ceciliam
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

Same here.

Quoting SweetLuci:

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:48 AM
1 mom liked this

Ditto.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Kiwismommy19
by Wendy on Aug. 23, 2012 at 10:54 AM
Yeah. That's the part that bugged me most.

Quoting Madelaine:

OMG!  They seriously asked if there was a man you wanted to call?!!!!

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN