Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I can't stand when someone acts like I know nothing just because I have boobs. Anyone else have this problem?

Posted by   + Show Post
I went to an auto parts store yesterday for a new radiator for my truck. I went in, said exactly what I needed. He asked twice if I was sure then asked if there was a man I wanted him to call to make sure I was getting the correct thing. And looked offended when I said Fuck you! I demanded to speak to his supervisor and ended up getting $30 knocked off the cost (woo-hoo) but it still pissed me off. Just because a customer has boobs and a vagina, doesn't mean they're some clueless mindless twit!
Anyone else ever have that problem?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 23, 2012 at 9:27 AM
Replies (31-40):
daerca574
by on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:35 AM

I have been treated that way.  Usually I just tell them that I know what I want and will go somewhere else to get it.  Then I leave and send a nasty gram to the company when I get home.

Kiwismommy19
by Wendy on Aug. 25, 2012 at 6:40 PM
Thank you :) Your opinion of me and how I raise my daughter means a ton to me (please tell me you caught the extreme sarcasm there).

Quoting JoJoBean8:

How trashy!

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Never said I yelled. I said "fuck you" with a smile. And yeah, I always cuss but rarely at someone. And I don't have a problem with my daughter swearing so long as it's at an appropriate place. She knows what she can say where.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

So do you always yell and curse at people? Is this something you are teaching your children?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 7:49 PM

I agree that cussing would make someone sound "common", but the military that I'm used to would never agree to a child cussing. They would consider that the person had poor parenting skills. So what did your mother think of this?

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Pretty much, yeah. My dad told me when I was 4, when I could read a book cover to cover to him I could cuss. I've been cussing since. I grew up an Army brat in the late 80's-early 90's on various Army bases. It was pretty common.

Quoting SweetLuci:

So just as a normal part of your conversation?

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

I don't usually. I do cuss and cuss often. But generally not out of anger or "at" someone.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I haven't had that problem, but then I don't cuss people out either.

JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 7:49 PM
1 mom liked this
When you have to point out your sarcasm it usually means you failed at your attempt.

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Thank you :) Your opinion of me and how I raise my daughter means a ton to me (please tell me you caught the extreme sarcasm there).

Quoting JoJoBean8:

How trashy!

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Never said I yelled. I said "fuck you" with a smile. And yeah, I always cuss but rarely at someone. And I don't have a problem with my daughter swearing so long as it's at an appropriate place. She knows what she can say where.

Quoting JoJoBean8:

So do you always yell and curse at people? Is this something you are teaching your children?

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Kiwismommy19
by Wendy on Aug. 25, 2012 at 7:59 PM
My mother was an abusive bitch who beat, tortured and mentally abused me on a daily basis. I couldn't care less her thoughts on it. The one time she heard me say "shit" she made me swish bleach in my mouth then swallow 9 capfulls of it. Suppose you could say her thoughts on it were of the "that's unacceptable" variety.
By common, I meant the kids on the playground not cussing were the odd ones out.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I agree that cussing would make someone sound "common", but the military that I'm used to would never agree to a child cussing. They would consider that the person had poor parenting skills. So what did your mother think of this?

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Pretty much, yeah. My dad told me when I was 4, when I could read a book cover to cover to him I could cuss. I've been cussing since. I grew up an Army brat in the late 80's-early 90's on various Army bases. It was pretty common.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

I don't usually. I do cuss and cuss often. But generally not out of anger or "at" someone.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 25, 2012 at 9:36 PM

I'm sorry to hear that you were raised in an abusive way. Fortunately you can stop the cycle. 

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

My mother was an abusive bitch who beat, tortured and mentally abused me on a daily basis. I couldn't care less her thoughts on it. The one time she heard me say "shit" she made me swish bleach in my mouth then swallow 9 capfulls of it. Suppose you could say her thoughts on it were of the "that's unacceptable" variety.
By common, I meant the kids on the playground not cussing were the odd ones out.

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Kiwismommy19
by Wendy on Aug. 25, 2012 at 10:46 PM
I have stopped it. Letting my daughter say shit when she walks into the wall or something like that while in the comfort of her home isn't abuse. The day I become my mother and hurt my kid will be the day I shoot myself. Letting her hear and say words others find offensive doesn't hurt her.

Quoting SweetLuci:

I'm sorry to hear that you were raised in an abusive way. Fortunately you can stop the cycle. 

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Quoting Kiwismommy19:

Quoting SweetLuci:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
starreyedcutie
by Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:40 AM
1 mom liked this
Unfortunately most women know nothing about cars...so he was probably just trying to make sure you knew. All you had to do was say "I'm positive...I looked it up and am sure this is what I need"
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
countrygirlkat
by Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 10:47 AM
1 mom liked this

I can't believe he said that to you!  On the other hand I can't believe you cussed him out either. 

SweetLuci
by Bronze Member on Aug. 26, 2012 at 11:46 AM

It's hard to believe in this day and age with all the customer service training, that he would say those words to you. Also surprising that you would say what you did, because usually when that happens, people are trained to call a supervisor to handle a "problem", and not respond to someone who cusses.

Over 30 years ago, I often had salesmen come into my business and ask to speak to the manager or owner. I would tell them I was the owner, and they would then state their business. Once I just said, "May I help you?" and he replied, "I'd like to speak to the man in charge". With a smile, I said, "I have a cook and a dishwasher that are both men, but neither of them are in charge. I'm the owner". He appologized profusely, and I'll bet he didn't make the same mistake again, but because of the way I was dressed, with an apron over my clothes, I'm sure he thought I was a waitress, and I certainly didn't cuss him out for his mistake. What would be the benefit in that?

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)