Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Not in my house!

Posted by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM
  • 56 Replies

Is there any one tv show that you do not allow in your house?

What about growing up, was there anything on TV that your parents didn't let you watch?

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
KaylaMillar
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:03 PM
South park, Barney, wonder pets, and way more!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Megan on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:04 PM

For my house it is Spongebob. He is not welcome in my house at all

Growing up my parents did not allow The Simpsons. I snuck and watched it one time and I remember thinking "this is stupid" and I never had the desire to watch it again. I still, to this day, don't have the desire to watch it. 

Harris06
by Megan on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:06 PM

Yeah, I have a list too. The Wiggles, Yo Gabba Gabba, Phineas and Ferb (though my reasoning for that is more just because I don't like it...LOL), I don't have to worry about it anymore but Teletubbies, I can go on. haha Spongebob is my BIG one though.

Quoting KaylaMillar:

South park, Barney, wonder pets, and way more!

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

MamaBuck09
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:10 PM
Dora, barney, the wiggles, and i sure theirs more kids shows i jus cant think of right now. family guy, american dad, or any adult cartoons really!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:47 PM

My parents didn't have any they didn't allow me to watch and I don't have any that aren't allowed either but my kids don't watch a lot of tv.

Bob192
by Member on Aug. 24, 2012 at 1:34 PM

My kids are really limited on what they watch.  The only TV they watch is PBS kids (we don't have cable).  They watch more movies, but the highest rating is PG.  I don't know that my parents limited my TV, I just watched what my mom watched which was mostly old sitcoms like My Three Sons, Green Acres, Andy Griffith, etc.

Harris06
by Megan on Aug. 24, 2012 at 1:40 PM

I love those old sitcoms. My all time favorite is I Love Lucy. I love her. :)

Quoting Bob192:

My kids are really limited on what they watch.  The only TV they watch is PBS kids (we don't have cable).  They watch more movies, but the highest rating is PG.  I don't know that my parents limited my TV, I just watched what my mom watched which was mostly old sitcoms like My Three Sons, Green Acres, Andy Griffith, etc.

dusky_rose
by Sue on Aug. 24, 2012 at 5:05 PM

No South Park, Family Guy, American Dad, shows like that. When I was growing up we didn't have a TV at all.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

Mrs.Andrews
by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 6:34 PM

So far, for my kids there has only been like one show. I don't even remember what it was. 

As a kid we weren't allowed to watch most shows and movies. Anything that made men look dumb, anything with language or sexual content, anything with violence, anything with magic or witch craft or evolution or that showed Christianity the wrong way.

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 24, 2012 at 9:40 PM

That was pretty much our list growing up too. The only exception was Home Improvement (Even though Tim was made to look like a bit of a dunce) but Dad enjoyed that show so Mom got over ruled ;-) I grew up on sitcoms from my parents era =)

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

So far, for my kids there has only been like one show. I don't even remember what it was. 

As a kid we weren't allowed to watch most shows and movies. Anything that made men look dumb, anything with language or sexual content, anything with violence, anything with magic or witch craft or evolution or that showed Christianity the wrong way.

Blessed Mommy to: Angel Baby : 07/08/08  Alexander Jayce:05/21/09 Kalea Brielle: 06/03/10 Michael Zachary 09/22/11 Angel Baby: 07/02/12

My adventerous life!

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN