Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there any one tv show that you do not allow in your house?

What about growing up, was there anything on TV that your parents didn't let you watch?

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Replies (51-56):
daerca574
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:03 PM

we weren't allowed to watch MTV growing up.  My kids don't watch anything we don't approve of.

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:15 PM

we do not allow Sponge Bob in our house.

alliesmom112
by Sandy on Oct. 6, 2012 at 3:21 PM

we were not allowed to watch the Simpsons, Beavis and Butthead, most shows on MTV, Married with Children. Anything with laguage or sex in it we were not allowed to watch

KristinRox
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 10:59 PM

I dont allow the family guy, or south park. 

KristinRox
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:00 PM

The wiggles annoy me too. Some friends of mine won tickets to  take their girls to see them, and I actually felt bad. 

Quoting Madelaine:

Wiggles annoy me, Barney and especially whiney Caillou

JOIN US ON:

MaddieLainesMom
by Member on Oct. 6, 2012 at 11:21 PM

DD hasn't really asked to watch something I wasn't comfortable with her watching. She's only 5 so there isn't a lot of input from school friends and such on what to watch just yet. She really likes to watch Strawberry Shortcake, she'll watch a little bit of My Little Pony (she's not too fond of the talking ponies, she wants to watch more of a riding ponies show), she'll watch a little bit of Good Luck Charlie (mostly because she thinks the baby is cute), some Dora (not so much into that anymore), and she likes the Rugrats a lot (I have a bunch of old recorded episodes for her). She prefers to watch the same movies over and over again, however. Finally found one she'll watch instead of Flicka now! When I was growing up there wasn't much my mom wouldn't let us watch. One I do remember though was not being able to watch Laguna Beach which I so desperately wanted to watch. She wasn't fond of the mentality it promoted. 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)