Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Is there any one tv show that you do not allow in your house?

What about growing up, was there anything on TV that your parents didn't let you watch?

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Aug. 24, 2012 at 12:02 PM
Replies (41-50):
countrygirlkat
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 11:15 AM

There isn't one that isn't allowed in the house because DH can watch whatever he wants to, but there are some we don't allow the kids to watch like Southpark and the Simpson's and such. 

Leelee1008
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:39 PM

Family guy is my biggest NO FREAKIN WAY! Dh and I have watched it but my boys NO, its way to explicit for them. they are 11 & 9 and their friends are allowed to watch it but I do not want to knowingly expose my kids to any more then they already are around friends.

ttsmommy2008
by New Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 2:40 PM
My parents (mom & stepdad) didn't restrict us from anything on tv as kids. But, back then, we only had something like 6 or 7 channels, anyway--using the 'rabbit ears', we had the 4 local channels, PBS and some other channel--can't recall exactly, but I think it was UPN (?).
My tv had knobs (VHF and UHF), was fuzzy as all hell anyhow.
I rarely watched tv, I was the quiet 'bookworm', that always had my music playing on the radio, 24/7.

Now, with my kids, the only shows that I 'restrict', or allow VERY LITTLE of, are the annoying sing-song type shows. The 'Disney Jr' and some of the 'Nick Jr' shows are not 'welcome' in our house. I can handle a couple of the 'Nick Jr' shows. I actually like "Wonder Pets" and I can tolerate "Umizoomi" and a couple other shows, but those kinds of shows are on for a maximum of about two shows per day. Otherwise, I have The Weather Channel on for background music, while the kids are busy playing or are napping, and I'm doing housework.
I tend to have educational tv shows on for most of the day...that is, when the tv is actually on.
mommythree0508
by Corinne on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:28 AM
Family guy
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Bmat
by Member on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:35 PM

My mom wouldn't let me watch dobie gillis LOL!

Harris06
by Megan on Oct. 3, 2012 at 9:51 PM

haha Any reason? I used to love that!!

Quoting Bmat:

My mom wouldn't let me watch dobie gillis LOL!

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

BabyTeki
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 11:32 PM
1 mom liked this
Barney...I can't stand him.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
mrswillie
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 6:35 AM

I hate SOuth Park and The Simpsons

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:20 AM

Many shows...

Madelaine
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 10:21 AM

Wiggles annoy me, Barney and especially whiney Caillou

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN