Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Girls clubs?

Posted by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:32 PM
  • 16 Replies
Do you girls belong to any?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:37 PM
Growing up I belonged to Keepers At Home (basically the girls outs with a Christian worldview and no cookies)

Also we were home educated and one of the families we did schooling with was studying the Victorian era, so the formed a "young Victorians girls club" We published a "pick wick paper" learned out to do Victorian era crafts (like needle point) put on plays, played era appropriate games and always had tea and cookies. It was so fun because we would dress to the nines. With big floppy hats, hair in loose buns and gloves. :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 27, 2012 at 8:01 PM

no they don't

TurboMom81
Can't wait to get the girls to bed and curl up on the couch with my man and watch The Hobbit:The Desolation of Smaug! I love to geek out with him! ;-)
Yesterday at 8:37 PM
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 8:04 PM

nope!

Mrs.Andrews
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 8:04 PM

No

Harris06
by Megan on Aug. 28, 2012 at 10:35 AM

Awana! Does that count eventhough it is not just for girls? haha But, no, they do not. I did GA's and Acteens at church growing up.

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:33 AM
1 mom liked this
I love AWANA!

Quoting Harris06:

Awana! Does that count eventhough it is not just for girls? haha But, no, they do not. I did GA's and Acteens at church growing up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Megan on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:35 AM

Me too!! This will be McKaela's first year and I am so excited for her!!

Quoting HamBergerMama:

I love AWANA!

Quoting Harris06:

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 28, 2012 at 11:55 AM
1 mom liked this
Kalea has her puggles shirt all ready, they start when we get back from vacation. So much fun!

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting HamBergerMama:

I love AWANA!

Quoting Harris06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Harris06
by Megan on Aug. 28, 2012 at 12:02 PM

I am waiting to hear is McKenna will be a Puggle again this year or if she will move up to Cubbies. There are quite a few Puggles this year and only 1 teacher so far so I told the commander that if they needed to move McKenna up, she'll be 4 at the beginning of December and she would probably do just fine. So we'll see! As it is we already have 1 shirt and 1 Pugglepack, as McKenna calls it. haha

Quoting HamBergerMama:

Kalea has her puggles shirt all ready, they start when we get back from vacation. So much fun!

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting HamBergerMama:

I love AWANA!

Quoting Harris06:

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:33 AM

I didn't even think about the church groups for girls.  My 9 yo is a GA and my 15 yo is an Acteen.  My older daughter did both as well when she was younger. 

Quoting Harris06:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)