Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Do you girls belong to any?
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
by on Aug. 27, 2012 at 7:32 PM
Replies (11-16):
HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:06 PM
I'm not familiar with those groups, what does GA stand for?

Quoting 4kidz916:

I didn't even think about the church groups for girls.  My 9 yo is a GA and my 15 yo is an Acteen.  My older daughter did both as well when she was younger. 

Quoting Harris06:

Awana! Does that count eventhough it is not just for girls? haha But, no, they do not. I did GA's and Acteens at church growing up.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:10 PM

It's Girls In Action.  At their meetings they learn about missionaries and the work they do, have Bible study, and our group does a lot of volunteer work at church and the community.

Quoting HamBergerMama:

Quoting 4kidz916:

I didn't even think about the church groups for girls.  My 9 yo is a GA and my 15 yo is an Acteen.  My older daughter did both as well when she was younger. 

Quoting Harris06:

Awana! Does that count eventhough it is not just for girls? haha But, no, they do not. I did GA's and Acteens at church growing up.

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:12 PM
Oh wow! That sounds fantastic! Is it a program just at your church or more denomination wide? I would love something like that here for when Kalea gets older!

Quoting 4kidz916:

It's Girls In Action.  At their meetings they learn about missionaries and the work they do, have Bible study, and our group does a lot of volunteer work at church and the community.

Quoting HamBergerMama:

Quoting 4kidz916:

Quoting Harris06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:13 PM

It's throughout the country.  You could probably google it and find out if any churches in your area participate. 

Quoting HamBergerMama:

Oh wow! That sounds fantastic! Is it a program just at your church or more denomination wide? I would love something like that here for when Kalea gets older!

Quoting 4kidz916:

Quoting HamBergerMama:

Quoting 4kidz916:

Quoting Harris06:

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:21 PM
Thank you!

Quoting 4kidz916:

It's throughout the country.  You could probably google it and find out if any churches in your area participate. 

Quoting HamBergerMama:

Quoting 4kidz916:

Quoting HamBergerMama:

Quoting 4kidz916:

Quoting Harris06:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:22 PM

nope

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)