Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Keeping the Converstation Going

Posted by   + Show Post

Can your daughter come to you to talk about anything? How do you make sure she knows she can?

girl giving flower

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Replies (11-20):
sukainah
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:50 AM

I don't have girls but I think my son feels he can tell me everything because he does tell me things and sometimes, like others have said, maybe I don't want to know it LOL

aneela
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:58 AM

i dont have a daughter but im hoping to build trust with my son...he is only 5 and i always encourage him to talk to me about anything

.Angelica.
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 11:45 AM

my dd is 8 months but I'm going to try to let her, as well as my son, know I'll always be there to talk about whatever they need, no matter what it is.

Leelee1008
by Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:11 PM

I hope so. My DD is still a toddler and still developing her vocab. but I will  make sure she know she can talk to me by being open and honest with her about things. 

lalasmama2007
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:38 PM
My dd is still young, but I always make it known that she can talk to me about anything.
countrygirlkat
by Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 12:45 PM

I try to keep an open line of communication with my kids by talking about all the small stuff and showing interest in what they are interested in.  I think if the lines of communication are open in the small things kids will feel free to talk about the big things too. 

Bob192
by Member on Aug. 29, 2012 at 2:54 PM

I hope so.  I want her to.  I try to tell her from time to time that she can talk to me about things.

Kmakksmom
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 3:11 PM
They know and they do. There aren't any secrets between me and my girls. They tell me everything.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momkaribg
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 5:56 PM
I only have boys.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
momkaribg
by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 5:57 PM
I agree with this completelyZ

Quoting countrygirlkat:

I try to keep an open line of communication with my kids by talking about all the small stuff and showing interest in what they are interested in.  I think if the lines of communication are open in the small things kids will feel free to talk about the big things too. 

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)