Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Keeping the Converstation Going

Posted by   + Show Post

Can your daughter come to you to talk about anything? How do you make sure she knows she can?

girl giving flower

by on Aug. 28, 2012 at 9:15 AM
Replies (21-30):
dusky_rose
by Sue on Aug. 29, 2012 at 7:05 PM

I try to encourage my girls to talk to me, but I know they don't always tell me everything, but one is almost 22 and one is 17.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Aug. 29, 2012 at 10:19 PM
My daughter is 2 but in the future I hope she knows I am here no matter what.
mrswillie
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 6:39 AM

Yes!

elasmimi
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 6:58 AM

I tell her this frequently, so I hope that she would be able to. She is very reserved, though, and sometimes will not tell me directly what is bothering her.

mamivon2
by on Aug. 30, 2012 at 7:52 AM

I tell her. .I tell both of my kids

sakpoints
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:30 PM

I always listen and give her eye contact.  If I am in the middle of something I can't stop I let her know I want to listen but she needs to wait til I am done and give her a time.  She is only 7 so I have never really told her she can always talk to me about anything, but I think I need to start.

omamabean
by Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 11:04 AM
My 12 yo is very reserved too. It's making me nervous as she gets older that she won't feel like she can be open with me.

Quoting elasmimi:

I tell her this frequently, so I hope that she would be able to. She is very reserved, though, and sometimes will not tell me directly what is bothering her.

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:24 PM

She knows she can but she is only 4 I'm sure that message will be harder when she gets older

Kainalu55
by Malia on Oct. 6, 2012 at 12:23 AM

yes, of course.

elasmimi
by on Oct. 6, 2012 at 9:34 AM

Right now she can, but she is only 6. I have never managed to continue that with my teens, unfortunately.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)