Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever participated in or competed in a triathlon?

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Replies (11-18):
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I never have. 

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:11 AM

That sounds like a great app.  Too bad I don't have a smart phone. :(

Quoting TurboMom81:

I bought this cool iPhone App called Ease into 5K! I was never a runner before so it kind of builds you up week by week.  I'm on week three and currently my drill is 5 min warm up, Run 3 min, walk 2 min, run 1min 30 sec, walk 2 min. I do that cycle one more time than 5 minute cool down!  

I start at 6:45am! I'm back home in time to get my oldest up and ready for school!

Quoting Harris06:

Awesome! I have been thinking of doing that!

Quoting TurboMom81:

I'm working on doing a 5K

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:11 AM

You rock!!

Quoting mamivon2:

Im training for my first marathon.. after that yes I have thought about doing triathlon and then MAYBE and thats a big maybe.. a Iron man

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:23 PM
I did one like that (couch to 5k) but when summer hit, it was so hot I lost all motivation. I would rather run in the winter than the summer!

Quoting TurboMom81:

I bought this cool iPhone App called Ease into 5K! I was never a runner before so it kind of builds you up week by week.  I'm on week three and currently my drill is 5 min warm up, Run 3 min, walk 2 min, run 1min 30 sec, walk 2 min. I do that cycle one more time than 5 minute cool down!  

I start at 6:45am! I'm back home in time to get my oldest up and ready for school!

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting TurboMom81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:23 PM
You are my hero!

Quoting 4kidz916:

You rock!!

Quoting mamivon2:

Im training for my first marathon.. after that yes I have thought about doing triathlon and then MAYBE and thats a big maybe.. a Iron man

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurboMom81
Nothing like getting your hopes dashed and your dreams trampled all over. I'm sure some miserable person is quite pleased to hear about that.
Yesterday at 2:55 AM
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:32 PM

My issue is hill. I HATE HILLS!

But my hsband and I are planning on doing this next year!
http://runforyourlives.com/  

Quoting HamBergerMama:

I did one like that (couch to 5k) but when summer hit, it was so hot I lost all motivation. I would rather run in the winter than the summer!

Quoting TurboMom81:

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting TurboMom81:

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:37 PM
I have a flat allotment to run in, I ran a couple times in my parents town...very hilly and annoying.

Quoting TurboMom81:

My issue is hill. I HATE HILLS!

But my hsband and I are planning on doing this next year!
http://runforyourlives.com/  

Quoting HamBergerMama:

Quoting TurboMom81:

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting TurboMom81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:22 PM

haha I couldn't even make it through day one of c25k lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)