Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you ever participated in or competed in a triathlon?

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

by on Aug. 29, 2012 at 8:47 PM
Replies (11-18):
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:10 AM

I never have. 

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:11 AM

That sounds like a great app.  Too bad I don't have a smart phone. :(

Quoting TurboMom81:

I bought this cool iPhone App called Ease into 5K! I was never a runner before so it kind of builds you up week by week.  I'm on week three and currently my drill is 5 min warm up, Run 3 min, walk 2 min, run 1min 30 sec, walk 2 min. I do that cycle one more time than 5 minute cool down!  

I start at 6:45am! I'm back home in time to get my oldest up and ready for school!

Quoting Harris06:

Awesome! I have been thinking of doing that!

Quoting TurboMom81:

I'm working on doing a 5K

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:11 AM

You rock!!

Quoting mamivon2:

Im training for my first marathon.. after that yes I have thought about doing triathlon and then MAYBE and thats a big maybe.. a Iron man

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:23 PM
I did one like that (couch to 5k) but when summer hit, it was so hot I lost all motivation. I would rather run in the winter than the summer!

Quoting TurboMom81:

I bought this cool iPhone App called Ease into 5K! I was never a runner before so it kind of builds you up week by week.  I'm on week three and currently my drill is 5 min warm up, Run 3 min, walk 2 min, run 1min 30 sec, walk 2 min. I do that cycle one more time than 5 minute cool down!  

I start at 6:45am! I'm back home in time to get my oldest up and ready for school!

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting TurboMom81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:23 PM
You are my hero!

Quoting 4kidz916:

You rock!!

Quoting mamivon2:

Im training for my first marathon.. after that yes I have thought about doing triathlon and then MAYBE and thats a big maybe.. a Iron man

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
TurboMom81
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:32 PM

My issue is hill. I HATE HILLS!

But my hsband and I are planning on doing this next year!
http://runforyourlives.com/  

Quoting HamBergerMama:

I did one like that (couch to 5k) but when summer hit, it was so hot I lost all motivation. I would rather run in the winter than the summer!

Quoting TurboMom81:

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting TurboMom81:

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 31, 2012 at 8:37 PM
I have a flat allotment to run in, I ran a couple times in my parents town...very hilly and annoying.

Quoting TurboMom81:

My issue is hill. I HATE HILLS!

But my hsband and I are planning on doing this next year!
http://runforyourlives.com/  

Quoting HamBergerMama:

Quoting TurboMom81:

Quoting Harris06:

Quoting TurboMom81:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
JoJoBean8
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 10:22 PM

haha I couldn't even make it through day one of c25k lol

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)