Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Daughter's Thoughts....

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:55 AM
  • 50 Replies

... about herself. What are Her thoughts about her self-confidence and how She feels about herself? Is she vocal or does she tend to keep things bottled up?  

undefined

by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-10):
TeaHound
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:15 PM

One doesn't go out of her way to show her emotions, etc; but she wears her heart on her sleeve.  The other is not very expressive, but I can tell when she needs to talk.  I try to let them handle things on their own or come to me, but when I see it's something they need me to step in about, I make a time for us to get together.

alexsmomaubrys2
by Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:17 PM

She has a lot of self confidence and I love it. She thinks she is beautiful, talented and smart. =D

Now my son on the other hand doesn't have a lot of self esteem and needs constant reassurance that he is doing great. I am not sure what went wrong, we treat them the same. =(

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:40 PM

Do they feel themselves that they are confident?  How do they see themselves?

Quoting TeaHound:

One doesn't go out of her way to show her emotions, etc; but she wears her heart on her sleeve.  The other is not very expressive, but I can tell when she needs to talk.  I try to let them handle things on their own or come to me, but when I see it's something they need me to step in about, I make a time for us to get together.

undefined

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 12:54 PM

That's wonderful that your daughter has such a self confident view of herself. 

Quoting alexsmomaubrys2:

She has a lot of self confidence and I love it. She thinks she is beautiful, talented and smart. =D

Now my son on the other hand doesn't have a lot of self esteem and needs constant reassurance that he is doing great. I am not sure what went wrong, we treat them the same. =(

Aww ~ Sometimes it just takes time before that clicks in. Do you think that it may be from a point of view that there can be no mistakes?  My husband just hates it when he makes a mistake. It drives me insane when he go through this because he will do it again until there is no loonger any mistake(s) being made. He is very obsessed about it. Was this way when he was little too.  

undefined

Harris06
by Megan on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:40 PM

My daughter knows she is awesome. LOL She's a mess. Yesterday my husband said to her, "You're pretty special, you know that?" And she stood there, opened her arms and said, "Do I look special to you? Yes I do!" LOL 

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 1:57 PM

LOL ~ That just happened with our daughter last night!  

She just graduated and went to work with her dad and the company he works with and made some fantastic money inside of 2 weeks and was talking.. uhuh I'm good -uhuh I'm good.  Can't beat that.  hahahahahaha She was also doing the football dance but only her version of it.  It was soo hilarious.   

How old is you daughter?  

Quoting Harris06:

My daughter knows she is awesome. LOL She's a mess. Yesterday my husband said to her, "You're pretty special, you know that?" And she stood there, opened her arms and said, "Do I look special to you? Yes I do!" LOL 

undefined

Harris06
by Megan on Aug. 31, 2012 at 2:23 PM
1 mom liked this

She is 3...LOL

That is so funny about your daughter. Sounds like something I have done before. hahaha

Quoting kirbymom:

LOL ~ That just happened with our daughter last night!  

She just graduated and went to work with her dad and the company he works with and made some fantastic money inside of 2 weeks and was talking.. uhuh I'm good -uhuh I'm good.  Can't beat that.  hahahahahaha She was also doing the football dance but only her version of it.  It was soo hilarious.   

How old is you daughter?  

Quoting Harris06:

Proud Navy Wife since 1/10/06; toddler girl Mother to McKenna since 12/11/08,  toddler girl McKaela since 5/27/10 & baby girl Maisie since 8/15/11.

Due in September? Join us in September 2011 Babies!

Mrs.Andrews
by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:32 PM

She is pretty confident. Except for when she knows she hasn't been behaving. Then she is really hard on herself.

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Aug. 31, 2012 at 5:42 PM

awww ~   My oldest used to feel the same way. Now my 3 yr old is in this place. 

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

She is pretty confident. Except for when she knows she hasn't been behaving. Then she is really hard on herself.

undefined

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 31, 2012 at 7:38 PM
1 mom liked this
Hmmm let's see, considering she laid on my lap tonight looked at me and sighed "I so beautiful".... I probably have more to worry about with vanity than self confidence! :-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)