Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Your Daughter's Thoughts....

Posted by   + Show Post

... about herself. What are Her thoughts about her self-confidence and how She feels about herself? Is she vocal or does she tend to keep things bottled up?  

undefined

by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:55 AM
Replies (11-20):
Hazyshadeofprpl
by New Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 12:02 PM
1 mom liked this
My daughter is the opposite of most. She is really confident in her ability to be intelligent and in that way she is quite cocky about it. As to her appearance she is less confident but she doesn't really care about outward appearances. She knows who she is and likes that girl! She'll be 16 in just about a month now and I couldn't be more proud to call her my daughter. I am not sure how but I must've done something right, lol!
kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 2, 2012 at 1:25 PM

You should be very proud.  :)   I have a daughter that is 16 and feels the same way.   

Quoting Hazyshadeofprpl:

My daughter is the opposite of most. She is really confident in her ability to be intelligent and in that way she is quite cocky about it. As to her appearance she is less confident but she doesn't really care about outward appearances. She knows who she is and likes that girl! She'll be 16 in just about a month now and I couldn't be more proud to call her my daughter. I am not sure how but I must've done something right, lol!

undefined

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 11:31 AM

My daughter knows what she is beautiful and that she is smart. She also doesnt have a problem with being honest about what is on her mind.

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 5:13 PM

You know, I have 4 daughters and they each are the same way, in that way, too. :)

Quoting heather4511:

My daughter knows what she is beautiful and that she is smart. She also doesnt have a problem with being honest about what is on her mind.

undefined

heather4511
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 5:42 PM
Sometimes its a bit embarassing how blunt she is...but at least nobody will walk over her!

Quoting kirbymom:

You know, I have 4 daughters and they each are the same way, in that way, too. :)

Quoting heather4511:

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 3, 2012 at 7:17 PM

lol  That is the same here. :)   I am so glad that they know how to stand up for themselves. Something I didn't know how to do when I was their age. 

Quoting heather4511:

Sometimes its a bit embarassing how blunt she is...but at least nobody will walk over her!

Quoting kirbymom:

Quoting heather4511:

undefined

KaylaMillar
by on Sep. 4, 2012 at 12:08 PM
She's only 3 so it's hard to tell. She seems super confident though
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 4, 2012 at 6:12 PM

I love when kids are this age. They are usually so much more confident than they are when they start to get older.  At this age, they are ignorant to the intricacies of the thinking of other people and are less influenced too.  But on the other end, when they have come through all those weird and difficult thought processes, they are strengthened in their confidence enough to not be shaken by someone else's opinion(s).  :)

Quoting KaylaMillar:

She's only 3 so it's hard to tell. She seems super confident though

undefined

AzariahsMother
by on Sep. 5, 2012 at 11:52 PM

They are 50/50.  Sometimes she thinks very highly of herself, and other times she can talk down.  Think it's part of the tween stage.

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 6, 2012 at 11:53 AM

That is probably more true than not.  I have one of them myself and she is very much the same way. 

Quoting AzariahsMother:

They are 50/50.  Sometimes she thinks very highly of herself, and other times she can talk down.  Think it's part of the tween stage.

undefined

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)