Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

so so busy...

Posted by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:16 PM
  • 5 Replies

This week has been INSANE! 

Tomorrow is Janelle's baby shower, Sunday my mom is having the family reunion at her house and then today Elliana was able to come HOME! 

All of this means a LOT of work for my mom. She has a good heart, but she is very disorganized, scatter brained, and doesn't keep house well. Which means she also stresses... a lot. And doesn't sleep which would put her into a depression. Janelle (obviously) can't help. Karissa my other sister, doesn't cook and waits till the last minute before she cleans (though she does a good job). And my dad is sick and suddenly working all weekend. (WTH?! He has known there was going to be a lot of company this weekend for over a month, and working weekends is optional)

So, Wed she and Karissa came over to put together all the decorations we worked from 5 -11. To get them all done. Yesterday our whole fam went over and worked  on making the desserts from till 7, Then we went back over today and finished the rest of the food, but we had to get there when dh was on his way to work... at 5 am. 

I am so glad we did even though it made for a long long day because with Janelle and Elliiana coming home, mom had to run out some food for supper for them. If I hadn't helped she wouldn't have even started on the food until 1 pm. 

I am EXHAUSTED, but hopefully this helped mom out enough to not let her slip into the stress she usually hits around big events....

Blessed Mommy to: Angel Baby : 07/08/08  Alexander Jayce:05/21/09 Kalea Brielle: 06/03/10 Michael Zachary 09/22/11 Angel Baby: 07/02/12

My adventerous life!

by on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:16 PM
Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Replies (1-5):
Harris06
by Megan on Aug. 31, 2012 at 10:51 PM

Oh my goodness, I wondered where you have been! And, yay for Elliana coming home!!!!

HamBergerMama
by Stacy on Aug. 31, 2012 at 11:13 PM
1 mom liked this
Yeah, I'm going through cm withdrawal but I haven't had time to breath!

Dh asked if I wanted to go to bed early tonight and I was like no! I need to talk with my girls! ;-)
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Mrs.Andrews
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 1:26 AM

Whew! I'm feeling tired for you. Hope the shower goes well!

KaylaMillar
by on Sep. 1, 2012 at 10:35 AM
Wow! Sounds exhausting!
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Sep. 1, 2012 at 4:29 PM

It sounds like your week was busier than mine and that's definitely not a good thing.  Hope you'll have time to relax soon.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)