Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you talked to your daughter about self esteem lately?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies,

Have you talked to your daughter about self esteem lately?

teen girl

Dove invites women everywhere to join us for the Third Annual Dove Self-Esteem Weekend (Like the page to find out more) taking place October 5-7 nationwide.

Did you know:

• When girls feel bad about their looks more than 60 percent globally (age 15 to 17) avoid normal daily activities such as attending school, going to the doctor, or even giving their opinion
  • You can help a girl develop a positive relationship with beauty –it all starts with a conversation

Visit Facebook.com/Dove to access free tools and resources to motivate and inspire a girl in your life.

You can download the “Let’s Talk” toolkit, discover how to talk to a girl in your life about self-esteem and find out how to overcome conversation obstacle, search through real-life scenarios of when you could have a talk with a girl in your life and find out how to replicate a “Let’s Talk” rally in your neighborhood

Dove has reached more than 8 million girls with self-esteem programming so far and with your help we can reach 15 million by 2015.

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Replies (11-20):
Bmat
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 4:25 PM

My granddaughter has good self-esteem. It is nice to see.

lalasmama2007
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:53 PM
No, my dd is 5 and so far has really good self esteem.
dusky_rose
by Sue on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:53 PM

You know, I haven't. I have two daughters and I really should.

Sue ~ Head Admin
~ D.V. Survivor/Admin

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:21 PM

Just today with my 3-year-old.

slightlyperfect

Hottmomma607
by Hottie on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:27 PM
We build her self-esteem up pretty high since she was little! She may have a moment that she's "down" but is easily reassured! She's 14yo.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
LOswald0314
by Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 8:01 PM

Sounds great!

Charizma77
by Carissa on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:00 PM
This is great! Thanks for sharing.
kellynh
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:04 PM
Sounds awesome!!!
alliesmom112
by Sandy on Sep. 24, 2012 at 9:52 PM

my dd is only 4 but I tell her everyday what a great little person she is and how loved she is 

elasmimi
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 10:24 PM

I have a 6 y/o who already has self esteem issues. I encourage as much as possible to see her good points, and not compare herself to others.

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)