Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you talked to your daughter about self esteem lately?

Posted by   + Show Post

Hi ladies,

Have you talked to your daughter about self esteem lately?

teen girl

Dove invites women everywhere to join us for the Third Annual Dove Self-Esteem Weekend (Like the page to find out more) taking place October 5-7 nationwide.

Did you know:

• When girls feel bad about their looks more than 60 percent globally (age 15 to 17) avoid normal daily activities such as attending school, going to the doctor, or even giving their opinion
  • You can help a girl develop a positive relationship with beauty –it all starts with a conversation

Visit Facebook.com/Dove to access free tools and resources to motivate and inspire a girl in your life.

You can download the “Let’s Talk” toolkit, discover how to talk to a girl in your life about self-esteem and find out how to overcome conversation obstacle, search through real-life scenarios of when you could have a talk with a girl in your life and find out how to replicate a “Let’s Talk” rally in your neighborhood

Dove has reached more than 8 million girls with self-esteem programming so far and with your help we can reach 15 million by 2015.

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 12:42 PM
Replies (41-50):
LuLuRex
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 4:22 PM

No because my daughter is still young, but it's one of the most important things to talk about with her when she gets older.

countrygirlkat
by Member on Sep. 25, 2012 at 10:48 PM

What a great program!  I think it is so important for parents to take an active roll in building up their kids. 

babyboxfish
by Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 2:40 AM

Absolutely!!

MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 26, 2012 at 9:39 AM

LOL

Quoting saraface5383:

I have no daughters. Im queen beyatch of this house!

TheBabyFactory4
by on Sep. 26, 2012 at 10:28 PM

Quoting sukainah:

This sounds like such a great idea!

Posted on CafeMom Mobile
MamaBear2cubs
by Nikki on Sep. 27, 2012 at 4:24 PM

I agree

Quoting sukainah:

This sounds like such a great idea!

Kmakksmom
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I always talk to my girls about self esteem.  Their self esteem is very high.

KristinRox
by Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:31 PM

Yup, I think when you have young girls that you have to keep having talks about body imagine, about their self esteem and how they treat others. 

Talking to them, and making them realize that they are beautiful, intelligent and full of potential. I let them know that nothing is out of bounds and they can do anything, and be anyone they want to be. 

KristinRox
by Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:32 PM

I agree! 

Quoting iluv2read:

What a great program! This is one of many reasons I support Dove by purchasing their products.

JOIN US ON:

KristinRox
by Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 10:34 PM

Its such an important thing to do, to teach young girls not to compare themselves to anyone else. They have to be comfy in their own skin... you hit the nail on the head. 

Quoting elasmimi:

I have a 6 y/o who already has self esteem issues. I encourage as much as possible to see her good points, and not compare herself to others.

JOIN US ON:

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN