Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

Have you had your special Mother-Daughter time this month?

Posted by   + Show Post

If so, what did you do? Did you go somewhere or did you stay at home?  You can also post pics. I just love seeing what you ladies post. :)  

undefined

by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 1:10 PM
Replies (11-20):
sjk_maybe_mom
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 4:41 PM

I took my 4 year old DD to see Mary Poppins, the musical.  It was her first live theatre, and I'm still not sure what was more entertaining to me, the show, or my daughter watching the show, being so very involved.

kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 5:09 PM

Aww ~ how sweet!  Do you do this sort of thing often?

Quoting sjk_maybe_mom:

I took my 4 year old DD to see Mary Poppins, the musical.  It was her first live theatre, and I'm still not sure what was more entertaining to me, the show, or my daughter watching the show, being so very involved.

sjk_maybe_mom
by on Sep. 24, 2012 at 6:46 PM
1 mom liked this

I wish our budget could afford it.  She asked me right when it was over if we could go again tomorrow. LOL Mama had to explain professional theatre prices.

This trip to the theatre was her big birthday gift as she is enamored with the movie.  We have been to many choral concerts as my brother teaches high school vocal music, and she has loved every single one.

The other thing we do as mommy daughter time is to go to lunch occasionally.  She needs this time as her baby brother (16 mos. today) and my own business take a lot of my attention. We also make sure to read stories together each night before bed and rockabye/visit.  That's our best reconnect time.

To the mamas that said their daughter is their only child, I would offer this....soak it up. Treasure that "alone time" with her, on the chance that circumstances change. I adore my son and I love the flexibility that working for myself typically affords, but I also miss just being able to dote on my daughter and having her really be my sole focus.

Quoting kirbymom:

Aww ~ how sweet!  Do you do this sort of thing often?

Quoting sjk_maybe_mom:

SlightlyPerfect
by Bronze Member on Sep. 24, 2012 at 7:00 PM

We went a lil crazy at the beach last week.

slightlyperfect

mommythree0508
by Corinne on Sep. 25, 2012 at 12:21 AM
1 mom liked this
All the time
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
Rushn311
by Cindy on Sep. 25, 2012 at 1:02 AM

no not yet, not sure if we will either. It's been a busy month but I'd like to.

.Angelica.
by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:37 AM

my dd is not even 9 months. she is also clingy so we always have special us time. LOL

copperswifey
by Bronze Member on Sep. 26, 2012 at 6:22 PM
1 mom liked this

I take my girls shopping and we'll pick out  projects and then come home and do them. :)

TheBabyFactory4
by on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:09 AM
I went on 2 field trips with DD2 this month.
Posted on CafeMom Mobile
kirbymom
by Bronze Member on Sep. 27, 2012 at 12:17 PM

Such a cute picture. Thank you for sharing it with us. :)  

Quoting SlightlyPerfect:

We went a lil crazy at the beach last week.

undefined

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)