Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

My 12 yr Daughter is driving me crazy

Posted by   + Show Post

I have a 12 year old daughter that is driving me crazy.  You ask her to do anything she does not do it.  She is going behind my back and asking her cousin to do things I say no to.  She is crying at the drop of a pin and there isn't enough to say about the attitude.  I know the moms out there that has gone through this is laughing at me right now and I know the hormonal part is kicking in with her.  She has not started her period yet and it can not come soon enough.  I have even went as far as buying a bottle of Midol and told her to take one a day just to see if it helps with anything.  I have grounded her for the lies and going behind my back.  Nothing seems to sink into her thick skull.  I am hoping this is a phase that I pray is going to hurry up and pass but I don't know.  I have sat back and cried because I don't know what to do.  I refuse to have a kid that is one that talks to their mom any old way and is doing as she pleases.  She is not allowed to run the streets or anything like that.  She has played softball and basketball and I try to make sure both kids stay busy in something hoping it  will keep them busy with something and not getting into trouble.  My son is 17 and I didn't have problems like this with him.  I do not know what else to try.  I am at my wit end.  I guess I know down deep inside this is just hormones and I am venting but any suggestions on to how to deal with this would greatly be appreciated. 

by on Sep. 25, 2012 at 11:44 AM
Replies (11-20):
Mrs.Andrews
by on Oct. 3, 2012 at 7:22 PM

I don't think you should be having her take midol every day. That won't help with anything. Have you tried sitting her down and talking to her about how she is feeling and why she is acting this way?

iamfreeatlast
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 12:53 PM

When she did take it once a day it did help on her mood some.  I have sat her down and tried talking to her but all I get is a shrug of the shoulders or nothing is wrong.  I do not think she even understands what is going on.  We talk about it all the time and I am sure she is tired of me asking and then saying well if you want to talk about it I am here. 

Quoting Mrs.Andrews:

I don't think you should be having her take midol every day. That won't help with anything. Have you tried sitting her down and talking to her about how she is feeling and why she is acting this way?

countrygirlkat
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:11 PM

Hugs to you.  I have no advice because my kids are still little but I thought a virtual hug might help, lol.

iamfreeatlast
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:18 PM

Thank you so much.  hugs

Quoting countrygirlkat:

Hugs to you.  I have no advice because my kids are still little but I thought a virtual hug might help, lol.

elasmimi
by on Oct. 4, 2012 at 1:27 PM
1 mom liked this

Girls are so much harder than boys in those teen years. My only advice is to pray or drink, whichever gets you through, lol. I know it's not funny, I've already raised 3 girls and a boy, and now another girl coming up. I told my husband I just hope I'm so senile by the time she's a teen I won't know what's going on anyway. Hugs and hang in there.

countrygirlkat
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 7:16 PM

You are welcome!

Quoting iamfreeatlast:

Thank you so much.  hugs

Quoting countrygirlkat:

4kidz916
by Bronze Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 8:05 PM

I'm sorry you're dealing with that.  I'd guess it's hormones.  It's a terrible age for girls and everyone who has to deal with them.  Good luck.

LOswald0314
by Member on Oct. 4, 2012 at 9:20 PM

Keep doing what you're doing! 

Samanthamommy
by Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:21 PM

I'm sorry. I don't really have any advice. =(

jessicasmom1
by Bronze Member on Oct. 5, 2012 at 12:35 PM

Hope things get better 

Add your quick reply below:
You must be a member to reply to this post.
Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

close Join now to connect to
other members!
Connect with Facebook or Sign Up Using Email

Already Joined? LOG IN